What's new

Panasonic 40" LCD, PT-40LC12, need info (1 Viewer)

John_Kiger

Agent
I'd like to buy one of these Panasonic LCD sets, but I need some info, if some proud owner would kindly reply.
I measured one in a local store for width, and as I recall, it was a little >less< than 38" wide. Published literature everywhere on this says it's from 38" to 38.19". This must be slightly less than 37 3/4" in order to fit into proud wife's new Mission style entertainment center, slam the door, etc. If someone who has one could measure theirs and settle this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, if one of these "near RPTVs" was in an entertainment center cabinet, would it be impossible to periodically vacuum the dust filter for the projector bulb cooling fan? Will there be a ventilation problem with the set in an entertainment center?

One review complained of no contrast adjustment on these. Is that really an issue with LCD display?

Oh yeh--Does calibration also apply to these?

Thanks for your help.

John Kiger

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Sorry, I don't hae one so I can't measure it for the size. However:

1. Yes, they are very low contrast compared to a normal CRT based RPTV. They're not as bad as the horrid Sony Grand WEGA though (which has about 261:1 contrast).

2. Yes, calibration does apply, but not in the same way as a CRT based RPTV. Calibration is much easier, and convergence adjustment is unnecessary.

John_Kiger

Agent
Thanks for your reply, Gabe.

Upon returning to the store, I found that the 40" LCD was going to score zero in WAF area, due to being too large for the destined new entertainment center--regardless of everything else it had going for it. Instead, we brought home a Panasonic CT-34WX50, a 34" widescreen HDTV monitor.

Closing thread.
--John_Kiger

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks