What's new

Panasonic 34" HDTV - Opinions?? (1 Viewer)

Robert_V

Agent
I have repeatedly been impressed with the Panasonic 34" Widescreen HDTV (CT34WX50). Every store I walk into with this model on display, I am impressed with the picture.
I was wondering why I do not see more posts in regards to this model TV? Is that good or bad??
I would appreciate some input from owners, and members who have made some well thought comparisons. I am about ready to slide the plastic over for this set.
Thanks!

Jim Reynolds

Agent
We picked this up last weekend and we just love it.Several months ago my wife and I went out looking for TVs and because of the cost of this model I was trying to steer her in the direction of rptv,Pansonic's 47" and others in that size range.Because our house is a old New Englander with small rooms,size does matter.She didn't like any of the rptv and was drawn to the Sony 36" until she saw this Panasonic,she made a bee-line for it,loved the picture,and said this is within the price range(something I didn't expect to hear).The set looks good out of the box,but of course that's never good enough for us here at the forum so I sat down with Avia and spent a little tweaking it and was pretty impressed.I played several DVDs through it (Bugs Life,MI2,CTHD,Star Trek Insurrection)so I could see how the colors were and they looked great.The remote is comfortable and very easy to use,you can cycle through 4 or 5 aspect ratios,4 s-video connections and 2 component video connections.This tv is pretty expensive so consider carefully,for us, it fit our lifestyle as well as our home,so we didn't feel that we spent to much.Good luck,Jim

Jim Reynolds

Agent
Jason,With 4 or 5 aspect modes you'll have plenty of choices so I'm sure you'll find a size to suit you're taste.I leave it "auto" but have used "just" and "zoom" and been happy with the results,so yes,the picture will be great.If you get a chance to look at one in person,use the remote and play with the "aspect" button located next to the power button. Good luck Jim

JasonRH

Second Unit
Thanks Jim,
I had read that stretch modes look distorted. I don't have a place where I can play with the set so I'd have to order one sight unseen.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
What's the pricetag on this unit? Whats the display type (Tube based or some sort of LCD?).
I'm getting more and more interested in smaller format HDTV stuff, wondering when the prices will be resonable. Currently designing some ideas for a home I'm thinking about building- and wondering how long before these types of sets are affordable for every room?
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Anyone wanna sell me their palm pilot?? Click here

Jim Reynolds

Agent
Vince,This is a direct view set and it was priced at $2999,but I received a 10% coupon plus an instant $250.00 rebate which brought it down to $2495 and we got a free leather chair valued at $200 which we're putting down stairs for our son.This is not a large tv by todays standards of 50"+ screens,but if your rooms are small as our room is,this tv is a plus,and weighing in at 175lbs.it a lot lighter than my father's 36" Sony. Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks