What's new

Panasonic 2003 models (1 Viewer)

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
You are correct. No Genesis/Sage FLI2200 chip with Faroudja DCDi are included in the already anounced 2003 models.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I'm more worried about the fact they got rid of their "hi-end" dvd-audio player (the RP-91) with no replacement.

I was hoping they would build a player that concentrated on the dvd-audio section: true bass management & high quality analog output circuitry. Don't mean to offend the videophiles but don't care about progressive scan, chroma bugs, etc. I just want the player to sound good.

Arcam is going to introduce a dvd-audio player this year, but it will cost around $1,000. And I don't trust Pioneer much anymore (reliability issues).

LJ

Bryan Guth

Agent
Not while there's money to be made by all the Joe Six-Packs that want DVD players for $100 or less. It looks like Panasonic's last hurrah for videophiles peaked with the '91 and '82. I guess time will tell...:thumbsdown:

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Wow! I can't believe all this negativity on product that nobody has really seen yet!

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
I agree with John. Let's wait & see how the new Panny DVD players actually perform. Also, I bet they'll introduce more new players in the Fall. It happens every year. In last year's CES, Panny said nothing about the E30 & HS2, yet they appeared later in the year.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Pioneer is coming this June with DVD/SACD/DVD-Audio changer!
Of course this is a thread about Panasonic players, but thanks for the news.

I am kind of in the same boat as Lance, in caring primarily about audio quality. For $150, the F85 could be quite a steal considering its inclusion of DVD-A playback and progressive scan. Time will tell on the video performance, but it should be pretty damn good for the price (though maybe not as good as the RP82). I am sure there will be other options in the video quality department outside of Panasonic.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks