What's new

Panasoinic 47WX49 Picture problem (1 Viewer)

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 47WX49 and a while back every once in a while the red in the picture would just go out. It would come back in a minute or 2 but it was entirely unpredictable. I had a technician come out 3 times and he couldn't find anything.

Now this set it pretty babied. Since I've had it, I have only had a DVD and laser disc player hooked up to it. It never had cable or any other type of antenna. The technician said it could be the dvd player. Eventually, that player died on me. Oddly enough, it was the component outputs that stopped working. So I got a new player, same manufacturer, similar model. The problem went away but 2 years later, it happened again while watching a dvd.

So my question is, since I already had a technician check the TV 3 times, could it just be the player again since it is the same manufacturer? I don't know if a tech can help if the problem isn't happening in front of him.

I have a new player from a different manufacturer hooked up to the TV but haven't had a chance to watch anything on it yet.

It's not the end of the world but very annoying to have the colors in the picture change while watching it.

Matt

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi

you ALWAYS want to try to have a problem that you can replicate on demand when you call for service. I realize that this is not always possible, but it is very hard to fix an issue if you are not sure (from the servicer's point of view) of what the issue actually is.

Best of luck!!

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks