Panasoic HDTV RPTV Quetions?!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John_Fee, Nov 19, 2001.

1. John_Fee

John_Fee Auditioning

Hello all,
    I change my mind again, I think im going for a HDTV RPTV, Panasonic one, I Seen Pansonics in stores and even there they looked amazing! I saw the Pansonic PT-47WX49, Im thinking about it or the Pansonic PT-56WX51. I read reviews and reports on them, They all say they are Great tv. Any of you guys have one? Any Suggestions on others,that are good, im in price range $1,500 to $3,500.
    Thanks for your help! [​IMG]

2. Dwight Amato

Dwight Amato Stunt Coordinator

A lot of people here seem very partial to the Toshiba's. I like them as well, but when it came time to get my set I went with the Panny 47". For me, I wanted the extra size and the Panny was the largest I could fit in my wall notch (less then 1/2 an inch on both sides).
    To most people, the set looks horrible out of the box (most TV's do). All you need to do is spend 1 hour on the set and the picture will be AMAZING. To find these tweeks, go to http://63.249.150.205/panny/
    I did it, and I am loving my set. BTW, you can generally get the panny for less then the other sets. I got my PT47WX51 for $1,570, plus $400 for a 5 year warranty (still debating if I am going to keep that option).
    Best of luck, let us know what you get!

3. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

I have one question before buying this set for a friend from onecall.com ($1799 shipped!). Does it do 3:2 pulldown correctly?

Thanks.