Panaramic photo software

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Any good software to convert a string of images into one panaramic shot? I took a bunch of digital pictures by standing in a spot and spinning while taking pictures and I was looking for some software that will collage it into one pararamic. Any shareware/freeware editing tools that allow one to do it? I have an older Kodak DC480 and I haven't installed any of the editors that came with it but use PSP 6.0 as my basic image editor.

Jay

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

you could probably do it in PSP, just nudge the pics together

3. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Panorama factory...free to try..register it for additional features but it already works fine by me. I've been stitching together digital pics making panoramic images as well as having a PixAround image....u know where ur like sitting in a room and the image just pans by itself. Cool!

4. Mike_G

Mike_G Screenwriter

Mike
    Also, look into Quicktime VR apps. I don't know any off the top of my head, but they're very good, and QTVR is pretty popular with Panoramic images.

Mike

5. Nick_Murphy

Nick_Murphy Agent

6. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Thanks everybody for the suggestions, I did download Parorama factory v2.4 and it's pretty nifty. I just did a panoramic shot from about 12 pictures while standing near Polychrome glacier in Denali National Park in Alaska. I shall post a link to it in the After Hours forum sooner or later. It came over pretty good except for one photo which I think I goofed by setting my exposure to something pretty close to me (standing on some tundra grass but with a ridgeline near me) so that seemed to mess up the processing and focal length using PF so one image of the panorama is kind of odd. I don't think I can do anything about it but I'll take a look at the PDF and see what kind of editing stuff I can do there..

Jay