What's new

Pamela Anderson Discloses Hepatitis C Infection (1 Viewer)

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
Fortunately, after 13 years with it, my liver enzyme tests remain normal.
I have known people that have had cirrhosis(end-stage-liver-disease) that have normal liver enzymes. The only true way to stage the degree of inflammation and the stage of fibrosis(or permanent scarring) is with a liver biopsy. Although, if the viral load is low and the enzymes are normal it is probably a good sign. It takes about 15-25 years for someone that is infected to develop cirrhosis so in the next 10-20 years, there will be a tremendous increase in the people requiring liver transplants from HCV(and mortality).

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
what else can a man ask for?
Perhaps in the ideal world one might ask for:
Natalie Portman
Katherine Heigl (no silicone or saline and a bit more cortical matter in the skull)
Kirsten Dunst (no silicone or saline either, probably smarter than Pamela but I'm not betting on it)
older women, yet still 400x better than Pam
Phoebe Cates
Jennifer Connelly
Kristy Swanson
Even a deceased Audrey Hepburn probably has more going for her than Pam. ;) She's still a legend and looks great in her DVDs.

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Keep in mind also that about 80% of those infected will never become symptomatic for their entire lives.
But Rain, that's the big problem. For those infected who have never been tested, are walking around seemingly all healthy and fit, have no idea that they're infected and may be spreading Hep C. I'm very happy to hear that after 13 years, you're doing so well Rain :emoji_thumbsup: but what about those who are in the same boat yet don't know they're infected, and therefore may not be as responsible when having sex or sharing needles or whatever? Since symptoms can lay dormant for years, on upwards and beyond of 20, this is the scariest aspect of the disease, that it can be spread so unwittingly. Hell, Pamela could have got it before she ever even met Tommy.
Hep C tests should be as common as regular checkups.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Ben,

You are quite right. There are many people who probably have it, but are completely unaware. I think it's probably a good idea for everyone to at least be tested.

However, Hep C is not generally considered a sexually transmitted disease, unlike A & B. Generally, transmission of Hep C requires infected blood to get into the bloodstream of another. Unless you have cuts or open sores, this is unlikely to occur during normal sex.

Before I found out I was a carrier, my first boyfriend and I did not use condoms. Since we were both "new," we figured we were safe. After I found out about my Hep C status, I of course suggested he get tested. Despite several years together and many, many encounters, he was negative (and suffice it to say, he was in the riskier position for catching something than I was...I'll leave you to figure out what I mean by that).

As for sharing needles, that's never a good idea and I don't know why anyone would do that. There is a myraid of potential infections that can be transmitted that way.

I would also like to say to anyone out there who may also have Hep C or thinks they might or whatever, do not take your medical advise from HTF (some of the comments in this thread are simply untrue). Consult your physician and do some research of your own via reputable medical establishments and organizations.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I'm not a big fan of Pam's (nor do I find her particularly attractive) but if she's sick, I wish her well.

OK, she does have a pretty face and all that, but her figure is a near parody of feminine beauty.

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
Pam is simple perfection of the female form, the answer to the question: "What should all women strive to look like?"
:laugh:
Angelina Jolie
Ashley Judd
Carrie-Anne Moss
Cate Blanchett
Charlize Theron
Elizabeth Hurley
Emmanuelle Béart
Jennifer Connelly
Juliette Binoche
Liv Tyler
Marisa Tomei
Milla Jovovich
Natalie Portman
Nicole Kidman
Rachel Weisz
Rene Russo
Salma Hayek
Sandra Bullock
Sophie Marceau
All these women are a lot better than Pamela Anderson! Really, Pam is far from being the most beautiful woman on earth.

Steve Clark

Second Unit
Didn't Ashley Judd's mother have Hepatitis C? Pam Anderson may be an idiot, but on the hot, blonde and sexy scale, she is right at the top. She is a bombshell in the mode of Raquel Welch.

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Hey now, even though I like Pam, she's just a little too extreme for me (her plasticity I mean)... Raquel kicks Pams ass, hands down, any day of the week. :)
And one other thing - for all you junkies out there, it's not just sharing needles that's bad. That's actually more like a metaphor. ANYTHING shared in the process that touches the junk is threatening; the cotton, the spoon, anything. You may have two needles, but you can still be at risk. Just thought I'd warn those of you addicts out there, as I know there are so many here.
Well, okay, most of us here are dvd addicts, but you never know. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks