What's new

Hulu Palm Springs (2020) (1 Viewer)

JoeStemme

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joseph
12:01 the short is my favorite homage to GROUNDHOG DAY...wait! It came out first! ;)

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Just watched Boss Level on Hulu. Another variation on the same theme.

I was more curious than anything about how many times can you use the same plot and keep it fresh and original. And Ill be damned if they didnt pull it off again.

Boss Level was really funny, imaginative and gleefully, cartoonishly violent.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I found a listing on eBay for what appears to be a legitimate, official, authorized studio release of Palm Springs on Blu-ray from Spain.

Unfortunately, it is region B locked and wouldn't play in my player if I bought it.

I am not clear if Hulu owns the film 100% outright and therefore won't be releasing a Blu-ray in the United States or if Neon still could have a Blu-ray issued. At Sundance, Neon and Hulu squired the film together with the intention of Neon doing a wide theatrical release, which would have been followed by a Blu-ray and Hulu debut later. The pandemic obviously changed those plans and accelerated its debut on Hulu considerably.

Neon normally has most of its theatrical titles released on Blu-ray through Universal, except for a couple (Portrait of a Lady On Fire and the second edition of Parasite) that went out through Criterion. Although I love Palm Springs, I think it is much more likely that it would go through Universal as opposed to Criterion. The question is, really, how long Hulu's exclusive window is (if it is not In perpetuity) before a Blu-ray release is allowed to happen.

We're coming up on the year mark since its release this summer. It seems at least possible that Hulu's exclusivity is one year. When Netflix bought the rights to stream The Cloverfield Paradox from Paramount, the latter retained the right to release physical disc a disc a year later.

To be clear, this is all speculation. I have no insider information whatsoever. But if Palm Springs were to get a disc via Neon/Universal after the one year mark, we will probably hear something soon. If not, Hulu's deal might be in perpetuity.

Fingers crossed that a disc is coming. I would buy one as soon as it is made available in Region A.

Last edited:

Mikael Soderholm

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Just got my copy, a Swedish region B blu (not Scandinavian, only Swedish subs, normally we get Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and Finnish). Recently released, I guess, (early Feb), but already at a discount.
Great movie, good disc, but really bare-bones, just the movie.
Enjoyed by the whole family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sammydrts01
Recent bookmarks