Palm m515 for $149.99 @ www.circuitcity.com

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter Kim, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

The Palm m515 was originally released at $399.99 and recently reduced to $349.99 msrp. However, at www.circuitcity.com, this 2nd from top model (the Palm Tungsten T just replaced it as flagship model) is now listing at $199.99.
    When you combine this low price with a Palm $50 mail-in rebate, this becomes a pretty damn good deal.
    I placed my order online an hour ago and just returned from my local CC after instructing CC that I would pick up my order. I originally tried to have them ship it to me, but the item came up 'out of stock'. After switching to express in-store pickup, the product instantly became available...now I'm a happy 1st time pda owner.

2. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

Forgot to add...even when you go the page for the m515, the purchase price is still listed at $349.00. It's not until you place the item in your cart will the price of $199 show up.

The rebate of $50 is mailed within 10 weeks. Well, despite this, the price of $199.99 alone makes this a great deal for those that kept their eyes on this pda.

3. Jason Price

Jason Price Second Unit

Hmm...price shows as $349 for me, even after adding it to my cart. Wonder if they removed the deal, or fixed a price mistake...

4. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

Jason, the CC deal is dead. However, the deal is still alive through Amazon & Circuit City. Take the following steps to still get in on this deal:

Go to Amazon.com and locate the Palm m515 in the PalmOS PDA section. Once you've clicked on this item, look to the right side of the website.

There, you'll find the comment about purchasing online through Amazon and picking up your purchase at your local CC. Just below this notation, you're prompted to enter in your zip code.

The page will refresh with a listing of the closest CC's within your residence. Alongside each location, you'll see a new price of $199 (instead of Amazon's listed price of $339.00).

Choose the location that you'd like, go through checkout, and once you receive your confirmation email, you can pick up your new PDA. At CC, they will give you your receipt along with a copy of the $50 rebate form.

Hurry,...I'm not sure if this was a mistake or a limited deal, but the best price on a new m515 that I could find on the web was $270.

Good luck!

5. WallyB

WallyB Agent

I tried what you described Peter, but they must have fixed the error. It now comes up $349, with a $75 rebate. Oh well, I hoped I'd get a great deal on a christmas present.
    [​IMG]

6. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

I just checked Amazon, too Wally. You're right...looks like the deal is officially dead.

7. Jason Price

Jason Price Second Unit

Peter, thanks for the great info yesterday. I actually got in on this deal last night (through Amazon) - must have just snuck in before they changed it... [​IMG]

8. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

You're welcome, Jason. Like I said, I've never owned a pda before but man, this is one sweet introduction. I've used it all last night and into this morning and works like a charm. Tiny as hell, but built like a tank.

Have fun with yours! BTW, it does really make scheduling much easier.

9. Michael St. Clair

Not only did they kill the deal, but if you haven't picked it up already they cancel the order and give you 20 bucks.

10. Jason Price

Jason Price Second Unit