What's new

PAL playback on CyberHome portable DVD player question (1 Viewer)

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
Please excuse the stupid question... :b

Does anyone know if the CyberHome portable DVD players have to be hooked up to a PAL tv to watch a PAL disc?
Or am I right in thinking that it'll only converts NSTC signal into PAL?
Does the built in screen support PAL?
If it does support PAL then it would have to be a region free player too, right?
Otherwise what the point of supporting PAL playback if you could not play region 2 DVD'S? Unless you took your own dvds with you.

I only ask because I was interested in buying a portable player in the future and saw that the features on the cyberhoime list PAL support and that made me wonder if I could order some dvd's from the uk that are not available over here.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
Please excuse the stupid question... :b

Does anyone know if the CyberHome portable DVD players have to be hooked up to a PAL tv to watch a PAL disc?
Or am I right in thinking that it'll only converts NSTC signal into PAL?
Does the built in screen support PAL?
If it does support PAL then it would have to be a region free player too, right?
Otherwise what the point of supporting PAL playback if you could not play region 2 DVD'S? Unless you took your own dvds with you.

I only ask because I was interested in buying a portable player in the future and saw that the features on the cyberhoime list PAL support and that made me wonder if I could order some dvd's from the uk that are not available over here.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I would also like to know if this portable dvd player is region free

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks