1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

PAL Gamecube video help needed.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Iain Lambert, May 20, 2002.

1. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Hi all.

I bought a Gamecube last week, and its a lovely little thing, but I've one problem. I wanted to use S-Video connectors rather than the composite ones that come with the machine, both to get a better picture and to let my amp do the switching rather than having to move leads around. However, my PAL cube doesn't appear to have a signal on the S-Video out. I bought a 3rd party lead (no 1st party ones exist), and also tried my old N64 lead (as they appear to be the same connector) and got the same result- nothing on S-Video, but composite works fine.

So, does anyone have a PAL Gamecube that is running on S-Video? Is my baby broken, or have they taken off the S-Video connection when they added the RGB?

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

PAL Gamecube does not support S-Video at this time. Sorry, Iain. Nintendo, in their esteemed wisdom, mangled the output to get RGB - in doing so, they disabled S-Video.

Take your third-party S-Video lead back - it's useless.

3. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Ouch. Oh well, thanks Brian. I guess I'm going to have to hunt down an S-Video lead for my Dreamcast, and relegate it off the RGB Scart connection. (aaah, poor thing. It breaks the heart...)