What's new

PAL Gamecube video help needed. (1 Viewer)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Hi all.

I bought a Gamecube last week, and its a lovely little thing, but I've one problem. I wanted to use S-Video connectors rather than the composite ones that come with the machine, both to get a better picture and to let my amp do the switching rather than having to move leads around. However, my PAL cube doesn't appear to have a signal on the S-Video out. I bought a 3rd party lead (no 1st party ones exist), and also tried my old N64 lead (as they appear to be the same connector) and got the same result- nothing on S-Video, but composite works fine.

So, does anyone have a PAL Gamecube that is running on S-Video? Is my baby broken, or have they taken off the S-Video connection when they added the RGB?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
PAL Gamecube does not support S-Video at this time. Sorry, Iain. Nintendo, in their esteemed wisdom, mangled the output to get RGB - in doing so, they disabled S-Video.

Take your third-party S-Video lead back - it's useless.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Ouch. Oh well, thanks Brian. I guess I'm going to have to hunt down an S-Video lead for my Dreamcast, and relegate it off the RGB Scart connection. (aaah, poor thing. It breaks the heart...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teddyballgame
Recent bookmarks