What's new

PAL Compatible TVs (1 Viewer)

Jon Pineau

Auditioning
I have just relocated to the US from the UK and I have brought over my Region 2 DVD collection. Due to the different voltage and logistical problems, I left my TV and DVD player back in London.

I am interested in getting a HDTV or perhaps a Plasma TV. Getting a multi-region DVD player will not be a problem but I don't know about the TV. My Hitachi TV back in England could take an NTSC signal o.k. but what about TVs here taking a PAL one?

I want to continue to buy UK and other European DVDs so can anyone out there help me on this??

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to say this, but unless you want to drop 2-3K on a front projector, I know of no TV model except the Sampo 27" HDTV set (don't know the model # offhand) that will accept PAL signals, and I don't believe that fact is even advertised

You're better off getting an HD set and a Malata N996 which is all region, progscan, and does PAL/NTSC conversion like a champ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks