What's new

International PAL AND OTHER-REGION DVD ANNOUNCEMENTS & REVIEWS (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've just noticed that there is an Italian DVD of The Las Vegas Story (La Citta' Del Piacere) and this does have an English soundtrack. I might buy this. (I like Jane Russell)

R-T-C Tim

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Young
Originally Posted by Sumnernor
As I live in Munich, if possible could you list other examples. I will buy 1 or 2 of the "Spaghetti Westerns", There are a number of BBC docs with ENG & GER but without ENG subtiles. I usually get those from the UK. I bought the Russian War & Peace from the UK with orig russian (and english audio) and with English and german subtitles which I prefer. That which is sold in Germany has only german audio. In Germany there are many with GER & ENG audio and some with GER and ENG sub tiles. For the "Spaghetti Westerns" I'd rather have the orginal laguager and english subtitles. hen I was in the US, they had only Brig. Bardot spealing english ().
As far as I know, all of the Spaghetti Westerns released by Koch Media including English subtitles or audio - there is a complete list here.

R-T-C Tim

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Young
[SIZE= 12px]If anyone is putting in an order from the new Amazon, just a few Italian DVD recommendations for cult cinema fans, all English friendly:[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Pistole Non Discutono - a good quality 5 disc Spaghetti Western boxset including:[/SIZE]

Il Bianco, il giallo, il nero - one of the last genre films from director Sergio Corbucci (Django)
Little Rita nel West - Ferdinando Baldi's Spaghetti Western musical with Terence Hill
Tempo di Massacro - Lucio Fulci's legendary Spaghetti Western, starring Franco Nero and George Hilton - the best looking release available of this film

Goliath Contro I Giganti and Sansone - good looking Peplum DVDs

Five Golden Dragons - a little known Harry Alan Towers' thriller starring Klaus Kinski

Terrore Nello Spazio - Mario Bava's superb sci-fi horror, the Italian DVD includes the original Italian print of the film rather than the re-edited print of the US/German releases.

Colin McGuigan

Second Unit
Real Name
Colin McGuigan
Originally Posted by Robin9
I've just noticed that there is an Italian DVD of The Las Vegas Story (La Citta' Del Piacere) and this does have an English soundtrack. I might buy this. (I like Jane Russell)
That's part of the RKO collection that's controlled in Italy by Sony/Columbia. All those titles are English-friendly i.e. original soundtracks and removable subs. I've only seen a few and the quality varies. For example, Second Chance with Mitchum and Palance is available in that line but the PQ is very poor (there are colour and B&W versions on the disc) and just about watchable.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Received You and Me from Koch Media today.
Again a good looking dual-layered disc with some bonus material: the original trailer in English, a stills gallery and a booklet (in German only).
Audio is English DD 2.0 Mono with optional German subtitles - there is no existing German dub.
The DVD is locked to region 2, has a runtime of 89:50 Min. and below are some screenshots:

b5e68165_DU_UND_ICH-5.jpg

kagemusha98

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken Koc
Finally! ISADORA!
I just bought in Paris a nice anamorphic DVD of the Dircetor's cut of ISADORA with Vanessa Redgrave. It also features extra features which has archive dance footage of Isadora.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Mitchell Leisen's To Each His Own will be released on March 7 in the UK by Odeon Entertainment. It is labelled as Digitally Remastered.

Some Spaghetti Western news from Koch Media.
In March they will be releasing Giorgio Capitani's Ognuno per se (Das Gold von Sam Cooper) with Van Heflin. No word yet whether English subs/audio will be included.
They'll be releasing another Spaghetti Western in March as well, but the movie hasn't been revealed yet. Rumor is that it's Carlo Lizzani's Requiescant.

Also in March Koch Media will be releasing two sword and sandal movies.
Douglas Sirk's Sign of the Pagan (1954) and George Sherman's The Golden Horde (1951).

Again take it with a grain of salt, because Koch hasn't officially announced their schedule for February and March. All info is subject to change.

D

Deleted member 372755

Wow Good News @ Douglas Sirk's Sign of the Pagan (1954) and George Sherman's The Golden Horde (1951). Hope universal release them in Region 1. Wanted them for awhile.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know yet if the recent Spanish release of SIGN OF THE PAGAN is in its CinemaScope ratio? Early indications indicate its P&S. If so, hopefully the Koch release will be in the proper ratio.

On the e-bay sites I checked offering SIGN OF THE PAGAN and ADVENTURES OF HAJJI BABA, both are listed as 1.33 full screen.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Some GREAT news out of Germany from Koch. They announced their schedule for February and March 2011.

RIO CONCHOS will be released on March 25 along with FROM HELL TO TEXAS.
SIGN OF THE PAGAN will be released on March 4.

295da5d0_dvm000664d.jpg

86e1f945_dvm000653d.jpg

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Forgot to mention the Classic Western Collection - Box #3 that is coming out on March 25, too. It will include: Death of a Gunfighter / Backlash / Seminole.

Miguel M Santos

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Miguel M Santos
Apologies if this has been mentioned. Today browsing a FNAC in Portugal found that a handful of Fox titles have been released recently under a banner of rare titles. What seems the full list is below.

Most have been available elsewhere in R1 and/or R2, but at least MY COUSIN RACHEL I'm not aware of any other release, so i bought it. The picture is ok, but no restoration has been done - although different people have different criteria and tested it on my laptop.

A Amanda Infiel - "Beloved Infidel"
A Carta do Kremlin - "The Kremlin Letter"
A Mão Esquerda de Deus - "The Left Hand Of God"
A Minha Prima Rachel - "My Cousin Rachel"
A Morena Ardente - "Rally 'Round The Flag, Boys!"
As Raízes do Céu - "The Roots Of Heaven"
Daisy Kenyon - Entre o Amor e Pecado - "Daisy Kenyon"
Entre o Amor e a Morte - "A Walk With Love and Death"
O Regresso de Frank James - "The Return of Frank James"
Quando o Jogo é o Amor - "The Only Game in Town"
Terna é a Noite - "Tender is The Night"
Viva Zapata - "Viva Zapata!"

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Does anyone know if the UK Blu-ray box set of Herzog's [SIZE= 12px]Encounters in the Natural World[/SIZE] is region-free?

Or if no one happened to know, what's the best way to tell? Amazon UK description states PAL, nothing about region.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Chas in CT
Does anyone know if the UK Blu-ray box set of Herzog's [SIZE= 12px]Encounters in the Natural World[/SIZE] is region-free?

Or if no one happened to know, what's the best way to tell? Amazon UK description states PAL, nothing about region.

From what I've heard, it may be region free but some of the extras are in PAL. I can't find a review except by a user on blu-ray.com and he doesn't know the region status. Frustrating

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
I think that I have found on Amazon.de of the german name DVD in blue ray.

Herzog's Encounters in the Natural World german name is "Begegnungen am Ende der Welt" IF I don't forget, I will be in the store on Tuesday and see if I can find the disk and look to see what the Blue Ray RC is

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
I was at my store today for a short time and did not see the disk. The germany title is "Begegnungen am Ende der Welt" Having done a bit of googlind, the actual single move is "Encounters at the End of the World". It appears that the title "Encounters in the Natural World" refers to the SET of films.
I found 2 links that state the RC is "B":

http://www.blahdvd.com/DVD/Encounters-At-The-End-Of-The-World-Blu-Ray/REVB2268/product.htm
http://www.moviemail-online.co.uk/film/blu-ray/Encounters-at-the-End-of-the-World/

The follow link:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2663

Isn't sure about the RC. But as other have written - it is not what the box states but what the disk states.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks