What's new

Pair of Mission 700 Leading Edge Speakers (1 Viewer)

GregC

Stunt Coordinator
Used for a number of years then stored for many years, these speakers are in nearly-new condition. Their wonderfully smooth and non-fatiguing sound allows you to listen for hours without the typical ‘listener fatigue’ that plagues so many speakers. These Mission speakers epitomize the ‘European sound’ esthetic; smooth, yet detailed, treble response, an absolutely beautiful midrange, and well-integrated bass. I guess the best way to characterize these speakers is that they often have a ‘you are there’ quality to the sound.
Specifications:
Frequency Response: 55Hz – 20-KHz +/- 3 dB
Nominal Impedence: 6 ohms
Sensitivity: 90 dB (SPL at 1 meter, 1 watt)
Crossover Frequency: 4.4 KHz
Tweeter: 19mm Polymer Dome Ferrofluid
Woofer: 177mm Plastiflex Cone
Recommended Amplification: 20 – 100 watts per channel
Time aligned design to optimize phase linearity.
Precision injection-molded baffle board and grille.
Suitable for stand or shelf mounting.
Dimensions: 15”(h) x 8 ½”(w) x 8”(d)
Finish: Matte Black Woodgrain with removable Black Cloth Grille
These speakers are functionally perfect with one minor cosmetic flaw at the upper left front corner of one speaker: a 1/8” dent which is rendered nearly invisible (viewing from the front) by the attached grill. Both grills are free of rips, tears, or snags in the cloth.
Babied their entire lives, the Mission 700s have never been over-driven, or sonically abused in any way. They can play subtle passages with grace and loud passages with aplomb. They have outstanding low frequency weight for their size and would be perfect for any small to medium-sized room. In a very large space, they would benefit from the addition of a subwoofer.
Included are the two speakers, with speaker grilles, shipped in their original box with the original packing materials. $125.00/pair + shipping
I happened to stumble upon this review of the 700s that I think describes them well:
These Mission 700 speakers are truly a bargain at the original retail price, and with proper placement and set up they give much more than a hint of high end sound. The mid range is glorious and soundstage is appears to have project well above the speaker. I am convinced both the inverted placement of the tweeter and it being a soft dome type adds to the lush and smooth presentation that some might confuse for laid back or dull. Having spent a lot of time listening to metal dome tweeters which have become the "norm" over the past several years it's a relief to listen to movie and television audio without the high frequency tizziness...........place them well away from walls on 24 inch stands with at least 50 clean watts and unless you need way deep bass or want your system to scream at you...these are true high fidelity speakers...
Tags: home theater, receiver, amplifier, set, stereo, two channel

tjohnusa

Agent
Real Name
Terry John
Love the Mission sound...but have too many speakers. They would look great in my arms on the curb if I bought them!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks