• White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shamil Bhasin

Auditioning
Real Name
Shamil
Hi All,

Just signed up today after spending a couple days perusing the topics. I am setting up a projector in my basement (8 feet ceilings) with a fixed frame screen going up on the wall. Projector i have narrowed down to is the Epson Powerlite 3700 or the Sony VPLHW40ES, both with a good amount of lumens. Does the paint on the wall behind the screen matter much? I've seen pictures with black paint and white painted walls. I would rather not paint black if i could avoid it, since i would have to start painting the speaker grills i am going to install around the screen. Your expertise if highly appreciated. Thanks!

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
I have a 110" screen and painted the wall behind the screen flat black. This is the second theater room I've built and I really like that all my attention is focused right to the screen and that there's no light reflection off the front wall where the screen is mounted. This all my preference of course....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks