What's new

Painting Today which wall what color? (1 Viewer)

awells85

Grip
Real Name
tony wells
Hey Fellas I"m on my way to Home Depot to pick up some paint for my dedicated Den. I cam going to do a darker red and a black. Four walls and have a fixed screen for a projector set up. My plan was to do the screen wall and the wall it faces in the deep red. the two other walls were going to be black. Does anyone see an issue with reflective light or anything from using the red paint on the screen wall?

Also who type of paint would you recommend. Thanks !

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I'm probably too late, but the screen wall should be black, flat finish. And the ceiling should be black, flat finish.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Welcome to the forum, Neha.

Do you mean you want to paint your own screen too? Do already have a projector?

Cees

mizedog

Auditioning
Real Name
Kurt Misner
Your theater is yours so make it reflect your taste and goals. But, having said that, I will let you know what I've experienced with my meager build. I agree with the suggestion to go with a flat finish. Even with flat, there is still some light reflected back to us from the walls (partly due to the small room size), but very, very little from the ceiling. We went with a very, very dark grey/blue on the ceiling and for the most part, the ceiling just disappears almost as if it's not there.

Having said that, I want to think that a dark, flat red on the screen wall and back wall won't make too much difference, as long as you're willing to accept that the red may actually tinting/biasing the image on the screen pink.

One last suggestion, though would be to make sure you choose your paint with the end decoration, wood finish (if any), carpet, etc. in mind so it all works together. Also, we're really glad the theater is painted in a screen completely different from the rest of the house because it helps us feel like we're leaving the house and the responsibilities behind. Good luck and post pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks