What's new

Painting the Interior of a Garage (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I'm finally going to get around to painting the walls inside my garage. Any recommendations on type of paint (flat, semi, enamel, etc.) and color schemes? Also, thoughts on texturing the ceiling?

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I just did mine and I used semi-gloss white for the walls and ceiling. I just like the shine, the light reflection and the clean, sealed look along with the possibility of actually being able to wash the walls if needed.

My wife is a big Tennessee fan and she painted a big orange T on one part of one of the walls along with a white and orange checker board above it but that is the only color. I wouldn't let her paint the T on the floor. ;)

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I would deifinitely do semigloss over flat. Flat is extremely difficult to clean and in a garage it stands a pretty good chance of getting dirty, so semigloss would be preferable. Also, I just like the way semigloss looks.

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
Mine is done in flat right now. It seems to be holding up but we only park our cars in there. We have knockdown on the ceiling.

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
I suggest that you don't use texturing on the ceiling of the garage. The prior owners of our home used "cottage cheese" texturing on the ceiling and it is now falling off in about 4-inch diameter pieces.

I don't know if this is due to their applying it improperly or because of the humidity & temperature conditions of the garage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks