Painting/staining speakers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by WallyB, Aug 23, 2001.

1. WallyB

WallyB Agent

I have a pair of Infinity Crescendo speakers (CS-3008) that are stained, but they don't match the room I'm trying to put them in. My question is about either repainting or restaining these.
    They are tower speakers, pressed-board with solid veneers. I have the matching center channel which is black, and I'd like to match the towers with it. Does anyone have recommendations about how I should go about getting these speakers to be black? Should I strip off the stain and paint, or can they be restained in black? I'd like a dull finish that wouldn't draw attention.
    This would also help the spousal approval factor, since this setup is for the bedroom.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Shaun Pressley

Wally, you should check out Scott Vonhof's site : http://www.geocities.com/vonhofs/
    I'd even email him as he's done this sort of stuff before and could probably give you some additional insight. I've emailed him on several other issues and always get a positive response. He's a good guy and could at least point you to some good resources.
    Good luck.
    Shaun