What's new

Paint Your Wagon & Loving You (1 Viewer)

Chuckcharl

Grip
Real Name
Anthony
As Loving You appears to have disappeared from Twilight Time’s release schedule I presume there is very little chance of a Blu-ray in my lifetime (80 years old, not much lifetime left). I presume Paint Your Wagon (50th Anniversary this year) has no chance whatsoever of a Paramount Re-mastered release on Blu-Ray.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Paint Your Wagon is available in HD on iTunes and presumably other digital services. Paramount seems to have no interest in releasing catalogue titles on blu-ray any longer.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Paint Your Wagon is available in HD on iTunes and presumably other digital services. Paramount seems to have no interest in releasing catalogue titles on blu-ray any longer.
Anthony, you are not alone. Many of us at HTF are feeling the exact same way.

As a matter of fact, Paramount's new theme song goes something like this:

"Where am I goin'?
I don't know.
Where am I headin'?
I ain't certain.
All I know is I am on my way."

Last edited:

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
LOVING YOU no longer belongs to Paramount, as it's controlled by CBS. They do make deals with various companies, such as Kino, so it will probably show up sooner rather than later.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Yes, that would make it Universal, which is currently doing major restorations and licensing their material to places such as Kino & Twilight Time, so there's hope.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
Pain Your Wagon May not be one of the great musicals on screen but it is great fun. I really do hope we get a Blu Ray soon.
The idea of it being 50 years old is disturbing; I recall attending its opening week as if it were yesterday!!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Pain Your Wagon May not be one of the great musicals on screen but it is great fun. I really do hope we get a Blu Ray soon.
The idea of it being 50 years old is disturbing; I recall attending its opening week as if it were yesterday!!
I remember it, too, as I had my first and only car wreck on the way home after seeing it!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Aw, c'mon! Lee Marvin's singing wasn't that bad!
I haven't watched it in awhile, but I remember Marvin's low growl singing voice as at least being on pitch. Eastwood's voice, with harder songs to maneuver, was slightly sharp in my recollection. But what I was excited about was I had found the play script for You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown in a book store I shopped in before going to the movie, and I couldn't wait to get home to read it and play the cast recording when the songs came along.

Isn't it funny the things one remembers from something that traumatic!

Conrad_SSS

Second Unit
It would be interesting to know if only Vudu has the wrong OAR. If Paramount was part of "Movies Anywhere" you could see if another platform has the proper version. I had this experience with several titles on Vudu, where their version was pan & scan (and I complained about 2 titles, one of which was since fixed), but since these films were in MA, I could watch them on Amazon or iTunes or MA itself, where they were both proper OAR. It is a bit shocking how many wrong OAR versions live on the digital platforms, and there seems to be no quality control. I like Vudu's platform the best of all the providers, but it is always a bummer when running into this issue.

Chuckcharl

Grip
Real Name
Anthony
It's a crime to show WS movies in Pan & Scan. Also goes for showing Academy Ratio in cropped Wide-screen. One showing ruined Shane by cropping to 1:85

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks