What's new

Paint scratch remover for cars (1 Viewer)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I saw a product on a tv show the other day that was sprayed on and wiped off . It was used to fill in and cover small scratches on a car's hood. Didn't actually show how well it covered it though :frowning: Does anybody have a favorite product they'd suggest to try? I've seen numerous products at the auto parts store(one even had like a pencil thing you rub into the scratch) that claim to do this and remove swirl scratches. Thanks for your suggestions.

John Watson

Screenwriter
I had some black streaks on a beige car, caused by a metal object falling against it.

I was skeptical about these products but tried Mothers CALIFORNIA GOLD. A bit of rubbing, and the marks were gone. Still looks ok 2 years later.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
You could always try some auto polish or wax. Works most of the time for me. I like Eagle One wax not the best for deep scratches but it worked for what I needed. You could also try some rubbing compound that is a little rougher then wax on top of that.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the tips guys, the Langka product sounds like a pretty good one. I checked an auto parts store near me ,but they don't carry it. Maybe one of those products only available online. Anyone heard of a Maguire's SratchX product or tried it? I know they make some good products too.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I have used scratchx on tiny hairline scratches, it works OK for a few hours or days, then it's gone. Not a product I would buy again.

Bob_Bo

Agent
I've found that most of those miracle polishes don't cut it.

If the blemish is on top the surface of the paint or clear coat, you can try a clay bar (available at auto body supply stores).

If the scratch goes into the paint itself a mild rubbing compound will blend it down. Follow that with a good wax and you should be set.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
was told of another product made by 3M that comes in a black container and is some kind of auto paint cleaner. Supposed to be used by alot of body shops for removing swirl scratchs. Anybody tried this one?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks