Paint questions as well.

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Brad_c_g, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Brad_c_g

Brad_c_g Agent

well today I offically got my first house. We don't move in until labor day weekend so I got a week to paint.

My basement (family room)where my home theater will go has pergo floors. I have decided on to go with a Blueish grey color so its not too bright on the eyes and not too dark at the same time. do I paint the ceiling? or leave it white? or should I get like a lighter grey that will blend in with the wall color?

2. DavidPAnderson

DavidPAnderson Auditioning

Depends what you're doing with the room.

If you are going front projection Darker is better if you arent' then whatever adds sufficent buyancey to your watercraft.

3. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

Pergo floors are hardwood floors right? I suggest getting a rug or something. Don't cover the whole floor just a nice area. As far as painting the ceiling if it's a dedicated HT I would not leave the ceiling white. I would paint it.

4. Brad_c_g

Brad_c_g Agent

thank for the replies. Yes pergo are a hardwood floor. I guess i will wait and see how bright it is with a white ceiling and go from there. Thanks for the input!

5. Mathew Shelby

Mathew Shelby Second Unit

If you are looking for an easier solution, some members have tried felt on the ceiling. For my dedicated theater, I plan to felt the front wall where the screen will go and also the ceiling for a uniform look. For the side walls, I was looking at a charcoal gray.