Paid Online Surveys

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Daniel Kikin, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Has anyone ever tried any paid online surveys? I'm always very wary about them, especially since there's a small fee that requires a credit card to get started, but the idea of getting paid to take short surveys is very tempting, never hurts to have the extra cash to help with the DVD and HT expenses.

2. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    Any offer of paid work that requires you to fork over an upfront fee to "register" or for any other reason is a scam. Run away as fast as you can.

Regards,

Joe

3. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Thanks Joe, that's what I'm thinking which is why I haven't tried any yet. Funny enough, there's a link right now on the top right corner of this page in the ads by google box to paidsurveysonline.com, go figure! [​IMG]

4. Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger Supporting Actor

If you see a banner ad for Pinecone Research CLICK IT and sign up.

I did this about a year ago, all they collect is my name, address and phone, and they don't spam you. They simply email you to let you know when a new survey is ready. They typically take 5 - 10 minutes, and are about home cleaning pruducts, dental stuff, dog/cat food. And you get $5 per survey with a check mailed to your home address. I have probably taken about 15 surveys since signing up.

2 Weeks ago I got 2 checks in the same week. Helps when ya need a bit of extra gas money at least!

Their website is www.pineconeresearch.com

However you cannot sign up directly, only through a banner link.

5. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

Do you remember where you saw the pinecone banner? That sounds like something Id be interested in.

Thanks!

6. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

I've been signed up with and participating in a few online survey groups. They were all free to sign up and didn't require any credit card information. One compensates in cash and has been paying out quite reqularly. Another sends you either Amazon.com or Buy.com gift certificates. And a couple others enter you into sweepstakes and award you points that can be accumulated and "cashed out" for money or prizes. They are:

American Consumer Opinion
    Ligthspeed Consumer Panel
    GoZing Surveys (usually movie surveys)
    NFO MySurvey.com

I'm not talking about a lot of cash, but it's also not a lot of time either. I get about one or 2 emails a week and each survey is a couple minutes and is totally voluntary.