What's new

Paging PHIL - the JBL one! New JBL's? (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Any idea when we might see some new JBL products?

The Northridge E Series is nice, but I think a lot of us miss the Studio Series.

Might we be seeing some new stuff before too long?

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

... asking JBL that Same Question Again (new S-Series???) and I will report their Official answer when I get it!!!

Phil

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I agree, the E series is nice but the S series was an incredible value. The only thing about the S series I did not care for was the molded enclosure for the S center. While it sports a larger mid, and better tweeter, the EC35 seems better built with less resonance.

I can't imagine giving up my S38II's. I think these will be classics.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Hmmmm, I would have expected something by now. Don't know how competitive the current line is.

Biggest issue is a lot of people would like a dedicated surround speaker (look at Klipsch's lines, they know what they are doing, you can use their dedicated surrounds, or bookshelf, or floor standers, etc.) and such, but the line seems kinda 'light' right now.

PeterK

Supporting Actor
Is there anyway to get ahold of the Studio speakers anymore? It seems that even ebay has slim pickin's :)

John S

Senior HTF Member
They are extremely hard to find. People that have them like me, will never give them up.

I use Qty 10, S38's in my setup. The S-Series is starting to obtain some legondary status though, as indicated last time out to the high end audio store, and the reaction of the seemingly knowledgable sales person when I told him what I was running.

Post up if you find a new source for them, even refurbished. I think a lot of people would be interested. I have yet to find a speaker I like better at any cost.

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
FYI there are two pairs of S38II's on ebay right now. I am not selling them but I thought I'd share the wealth since these are highly sought after speakers. I always check harmanaudio.com for refurbs but I haven't seen any in quite awhile. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up the S-center when it popped up.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I was curious so I went and looked...

Actually 3 pair for sale.. Heck of a 6.1 system for the money spent. The guy selling the two pair is asking a bit much on the buy now price though for sure.

Probably unlikely somebody could win all 3 pair by bidding though. I think I paid $250 per pair including shipped, new.

Ben_Caoile

Agent
Real Name
Ben Caoile
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I feel this question is relevant as the supply for the JBL Studio series line-up is getting scarce and Phil is an active participant in this thread (and pretty much all JBL oriented threads for that matter).

I currently own the S-CenterII and want to round it off with either a pair of S38's and a pair of S36's, or a pair of S38's and a pair of S412's. In the event I cannot complete my Studio series build, does anyone know what would be the best suited match with the center? (whether it be JBL, Infinity, or any other brand that may match it)

I love my jem of a center channel and I am not willing to part with it anytime soon.

:D

John Tami

Stunt Coordinator
I also suggest the S26II's.... I'm running two of those as my fronts (have two more stashed away for future HT that will make use of my 7.1 receiver!) and have two S36II's (the silver plastic enclosure ones) mounted on the wall as my rear surrounds. They all match seemlessly (to my ears at least!) with my S-Center II. I got all but the S36's off Ebay.....got the S36's when BestBuy.com was running a 50% off with free shipping deal! :D

I love all my JBL's (and my SVS!) and I can't imagine giving them up......

John S

Senior HTF Member
Ben_Caoile

I'd move somewhat quickly, and start aquire'n everything Studio line you can in all honesty.

The S38II's that were on Ebay.. Did you at least get a bid in on them?

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
After I posted that there were two more sets on sale for $175 buy it now option, and like a fool I decided to wait a few hours to think it over. Of course they were both gone and I'm feeling foolish for not jumping all over that. I may try and find a cherry version since they are sort of shunned, but the same speaker in every other regard. I'll just hide them in surround duty and let my black pair be up front :)

Ben_Caoile

Agent
Real Name
Ben Caoile
Damn JBL Corperate, Damn them. Why take a superior speaker off the market that is highly coveted? :frowning: So no one has suggestions for something that can come close to matching with the S-Center? I realize it's a cardinal sin to missmatch speakers but there's gotta be something that will suffice...right?

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

The JBL LSR6325P/5.1 5.1 Surround System w/ 5 LSR6325P Monitors and 1 LSR6312SP Subwoofer @ Sweetwater = $2,599.97 (MSRP $3,315.00)

Or save a little and replace the LSR6312SP power-sub for an SVS! :D

5 (five) JBL LSR6325 x $309.97 = ..... $1,859.82 + SH
SVS 25-31PCi .................................... $549.00 + SH
= TOTAL:............................................ . $2,408.82 + SH

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks