What's new

Pages downloading like mollasses in winter (1 Viewer)

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Is it just me? I haven't seen the forum this slow since the days of UBB on the old server. Has there been some significant change to affect server load, or is there just an unheard of number of people using it at 2pm PST? There is a terrible lag when trying to open threads and forums, and sometimes I get the time-out error. I don't think it's my end because all other websites seem to load just as fast as normal.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Bill,

It is you, but it's not just you. All of the members with less than .75 posts per day have been put into a new "Slow Lane" catagory so the rest of us may prattle on at a faster speed.

Seriously though...things are slow right now and I've noticed the recent {first new post} feature is missing so maybe Parker is working on the script or some such mysterious task.

Jim

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I think the database was just overloaded with a feature that I added. I have since taken it out.

Parker

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Parker, would that be the preview thing when you place your cursor on a thread title? I was thinking I might like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks