Page Loading and my wireless network. GRRRR

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shane Martin, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

I have 2 pc's setup on a wireless network via a Linksys router and Wireless card on my 2nd pc. My main pc: AMD 1.33 Win XP is setup hardwired to the Router while the 2nd pc(P2 266 Win98se 200mb ram) is setup via the wireless card. It was working ok until a couple days ago when it started to load pages at a very slow aggravating rate as it was fine before.

The signal strength is 66%. I can transfer files across the network just fine. The problem is page loads on the 'net which takes forever now. It wasn't superfast before but it wasn't this frickin' slow. My internet connection is DSL via Swbell.

What can I do with my current equipment and connection to improve page loads on the slow pc?

2. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Did you mash the little reset button on the back of the router? Every now and then I have to do that.

3. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

Doesn't help. I don't think its a wireless problem as much as I think its a computer issue.

Any more ideas?

4. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

It might be a network problem..meaning u have to "configure" the settings on the PCs. Does it happen to both PCs or just the wireless? The router and/or software might have a setting that limits bandwidth to one pc or another.
    One thing to try (and most of the time it works) is uninstalling the device and reinstalling it again. Could be just a corrupted file slowing everything down.

Hope this helps.