Packet writing shareware

Discussion in 'Computers' started by jeff peterson, Apr 26, 2005.

1. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

I recently replaced my TDK CD writer with a Benq DVD writer in my desktop computer. The TDK came with Nero software which included INCD; allowing me to use a CD-RW disc as a floppy; ie, I could write to it over and over again just by dragging files to it. Now, the Nero software only works for a TDK driver.

Rather than purchasing Nero just for INCD (the Benq came with regular writing software). Is anyone aware of shareware that would do 'packet writing'? I think that's the term for what I'm trying to do.

2. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

I don't know of any UDF writing programs that are free. You can get UDF read drivers for free that allow you to read and access UDF burned RW's, but every writing program I've seen is either part of a larger suite of burning programs (Nero or EZ CD Creator), or are pay utilities.

Run a search at a site like www.download.com for "udf" and see what's available.

3. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

4. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

Kimmo, thanks for the suggestion. I was going to buy DLA when this caught my eye. Same price as DLA and I was able to mount my old CD writer and use it's original Nero INCD software.

BTW, it was the easiest computer part I ever installed and setup. So easy and works like a charm (and cheap, too)!

5. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

External USB2.0 boxes are pretty useful. Using one of those and a huge hard drive you can do backups for fairly reasonable amounts of money, for instance.