What's new

Packaging/shipping wine bottles (1 Viewer)

Seth--L

Screenwriter
Does anybody have any suggestions on how to package wine bottles for shipping them via a mail service? Online I've found packaging supplies specifically for doing this, but you have to buy in bulk; I'm only sending 6 bottles. While I guess I could always just use bubble wrap, since this is a gift, I would like it to be packaged a bit more classy.

Thanks.

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
UPS, fedex or any other major shipper usually will carry special boxes for just this purpose. Only drawback is you need to make a special trip to one of there stores.

I've done UPS a few times..

CRyan

Screenwriter
More importantly, the state you are sending it to. You can certainly do it anyway without much trouble. Just mentioning it so you don't walk into UPS etc. asking for something to ship wine and them saying sorry, not to that state.

But yeah, UPS, Kinkos, and maybe even a Uhaul store will have something for you.

Basically, you want to have a corrugated separater between each bottle and then wrap each bottle in several layers of bubble wrap. They do make styrofoam enclosures as well I have seen. Make sure there is NO movement when handling with several inches of packing material from any one bottle to the edge of the box.

Seth--L

Screenwriter
Well, just incase big brother is following this thread, this is all hypothetical.

I'm sending this from the middle of nowhere; the local UPS store is basically a drop off center. Staples and whatever is online is about all I have to work with. This website sells exactly what I need, but only sell bulk orders.

Thanks for the feedback.

Olps

Auditioning
Real Name
Christian
[*] Hi there, this may help you or someone else reading this.

If you think you can't pack your fine wines, think again! Use this step-by-step guide to safely packing breakable bottles to ensure it all arrives safely.
Difficulty: Easy Time Required: No set time. Here's How:
  1. Check your inventory and determine what you really want to keep before you start packing. Liquor and wine bottles are heavy and if you're paying per pound to move them, consider what is worth moving and what isn't.
  2. Use a divided/cell box that you can get free from a specialty wine shop or liquor store, or purchase a cell kit from a packaging supplier. Use smaller boxes so they are easy to lift and carry.
  3. Secure your box well. Tape the bottom and/or reinforce it by lining the inside bottom with cardboard. Check your box to make sure it will hold the weight. Don't use a box that is worn.
  4. Place a stack of plain packing paper on the working surface.
  5. If you're packing opened bottles, ensure they are properly sealed by tightening the caps.
  6. Place a bottle on its side perpendicular to the corner of the top sheet of paper. Leave enough room at the corner to be able to start wrapping the bottle.
  7. Select two to three sheets of paper and wrap it around the bottle, rolling the bottle as you push forward.
  8. Wrap the ends of the paper into the roll as you go. For wine bottles, mould the bottle's neck as you roll to ensure it’s tightly wrapped.
  9. Secure the wrapping with tape and make sure there are no loose ends.

****** Number 2 – get it free from your local shop!
Hope that helps. Best of luck Christian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks