What's new

Packaging Misprints (1 Viewer)

Ted Ross

Second Unit
Judge Dredd, The Abyss SE, & Outland are the three movies ive come across that were supposed to be anamorphic, but turned out not to be

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
New Mr. Bean box set(The Whole Bean)

on Disc #1 it says that episode "Trouble with Mr. Bean" is on there and its not, it's on disc #2

and on Disc #2 in says that "Mr. Bean Rides again" is on there and it's not, it's on disc #1

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
How about the quote on the Blade II package which says, "Pulse-Pounding!" - Elvis Mitchell, The New York Times Times?

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Disney's Jungle 2 Jungle states that it is fullscreen, when it is really widescreen. Not sure about anamorphic or not.
It's not anamorphic, but better than Fullscreen. :)

Other errors:
A Bronx Tale - packaging says it's anamorphic, it's not
Indian Summer - packaging says it's Fullscreen, it's 2.35:1 widescreen
Krippendorf's Tribe - packaging says it's Widescreen, it's Fullscreen

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Then there's the statement on the back of the MGM "The Thief of Bagdad" box that states "Approx. Featue Run Time..."

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
My Halloween H20 back cover boasts an audio commentary by Jamie Lee Curtis and director Steve Miner when in fact there is no such thing.
Do you speak of the Dimension Collector's Series release?

If so, mine doesn't mention any commentary by anybody on the disc.

What one claims a Jamie Lee track?

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
The back of "Journey To The Center Of The Earth" has the following:

This film has been modified from it's original version. It has been formatted to fit your screen.

Funny....I watched this the other day and saw a nice 2.35:1 transfer. :D

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Probably the earliest case of this the Exorcist (one of the first 5 movies ever released). Package claimed it was 5.1, but only the pan/scan side was.

Also, the early Goodfellas disc claimed to be 16:9, and it wasn't.

God, we need a Goodfellas SE.

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
Mallrats lists a feature (I can't remember what) that's not on the disk. I'll have to check when I get home.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure all the "Mallrats" features listed on the packaging are on the disc, but many people don't see the "next page" (it doesn't actually say that) arrow in the extra features section. This second page of features houses the still gallery, trailer and music video.

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
No way! I'm going to try that! But I remember only one thing missing - not all the others.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I have my copy of "Mallrats: Collector's Edition" right here in front of me. The special features listed on the packaging are:
  • Feature commentary with director Kevin Smith, cast members Ben Affleck, Jason Lee and Jason Mewes, producer Scott Mosier and Vincent Pereira.
  • Over one hour of deleted scenes.
  • Live footage from the feature commentary session.
  • Featurette.
  • Theatrical Trailer.
  • MCA Soundtrack Presentation: The Goops "Build Me Up Buttercup."
  • Production Photographs.

I've watched the disc several times and I'm 100% certain everything listed on the package is on the DVD. If you haven't seen the second menu of extras, it's the one pictured on the back of the DVD packaging.

John Bryant

Second Unit
I'll second Journey to the Center of the Earth. It has the modified to fit... statement but in the features box says 16x9 enhanced. Very odd.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The first run of "The Muppet Movie" listed the director's name as "James Frawle". It was quickly corrected to "James Frawley" on subsequent printings. So quickly, in fact, that both variants were available on the discs initial release date.

Regards,

ChristopherBlig

Stunt Coordinator
Rocky IV is listed as 2.35:1 when it is 1.85:1, isn't there a way to tweak some things on your DVD to make it 2.35:1 ? Any truth in that??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks