What's new

Pacific Rim: Uprising (March 23, 2018) (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hmm. Felt more like a car commercial than a trailer for a film. The Yeagers seem less imposing in that clip and more like Transformers in the way they move. Looks like less money was spent on the Yeager special effects.

Have to wait for more trailers, but just not feeling it with this one.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
It's not really a trailer, more of a promotional piece. Probably designed specifically for Comic-con.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
New posters:

upload_2017-9-27_9-30-28.png

upload_2017-9-27_9-30-42.png

upload_2017-9-27_9-30-55.png

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yeah, I'm not feeling it all. It looks like they amped up the bad aspects of del Toro's film (which I love) and gave things a Michael Bay shine. Bummer.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I am very excited.

Giant Robots fighting Alien Godzillas. And now Giant Robots fighting Giant Robots!

I’m seeing the fallout from the first movie, which is good.
I don’t see that clear sense of size that was such a revelation in the first movie, which might be a sign of weakness. The cast looks changed and younger, but I’m not ready to make anything of that yet.

I’ve watched the trailer twice, and I love it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I saw a trailer before Jumanji last weekend, and wasn't really feeling it. As others have said, it looks more like a Transformers sequel.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
The original yeagers from PR were very industrial. You got a sense they were true, manufactured machines. The parts had the same speed and physical properties of real machines like cranes, but faster. Moving those huge arms and legs required a lot of power, and the yeagers were not fast.

This film has none of the gritty industrial feel to it. The yeagers look like shiny toys that are not bound by the physics of massive machines as much as the previous film.

Maybe some will like this new look and feel, but I'm not feeling it either. Hard pass for me.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
The original yeagers from PR were very industrial. You got a sense they were true, manufactured machines. The parts had the same speed and physical properties of real machines like cranes, but faster. Moving those huge arms and legs required a lot of power, and the yeagers were not fast.

This film has none of the gritty industrial feel to it. The yeagers look like shiny toys that are not bound by the physics of massive machines as much as the previous film.
You do realize that the whole notion of these giant machines and giant monsters is not realistic physics to begin with, yes?

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
You do realize that the whole notion of these giant machines and giant monsters is not realistic physics to begin with, yes?

I'm comparing my perception of how the yeagers behaved in the first movie, vs what the trailer is showing us. It seems to be a change - at least to me.

But thanks for the reminder that none of it is real. I guess I completely forgot that it's just a movie and everything is pretend. ;)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The latest trailer makes a great reveal which is unfortunate, but, I'll still see it with MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks