Pac-Man Fever and other influential songs.

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
This morning a girl at work played a new N'Sync song with samples from Pac-Man. I instantly tuned it out and suddendly remembered a song I hadn't heard in probably 15 years, Pac-Man Fever. I couldn't remember the title of the song at the time, but after a quick investigation on the web I found this site: http://www.bucknergarcia.com/ Check out the jukebox section for samples of this song and others, including Froggy's Lament.
I think the first tape I ever owned was a mixed tape with these two songs on it. I found it amazing that I could still remember some of the lyrics and music to songs that I hadn't heard in such a long time. I was seven and this was a tape that I listened to endlessly, a tape that helped grow my appreciation in music. I think it's hilarious that one of the reasons I love music so much today is because of the song Pac-Man Fever. I'm now wondering what other songs were on that tape. (I think "I love Rock N Roll" was one of them.) I wish I could find it.
For some reason I just had to share this with all you. Do you guys remember Pac-Man Fever? What (possibly strange) songs influenced your love of music?
------------------
"You know, there's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they
don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em just cheat on you."
Optimus Prime Films

Shawn C

Screenwriter
"I've got a pocket full of quarters and I'm headed for the AR-CADE"
"I've got speedy on my tail, and I know it's either him or me.."
"I've got Pac-Man Fever, PAC-MAN FEVER. It's drivin' me crazy, DRIVIN' ME CRAZY"

Tim H

Stunt Coordinator
I remember that song. I had the Pac-Man Fever album at one point. I don't know what became of it. I probably chunked it during my adolescent phase.
I'd love to have it on CD. They had that Frogger song, along with songs about Centipede and Berserk. None of them classics by any means, but I'd love to have them just for nostalgic value.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
I remember that song. I had the Pac-Man Fever album at one point. I don't know what became of it. I probably chunked it during my adolescent phase.
I'd love to have it on CD. They had that Frogger song, along with songs about Centipede and Berserk. None of them classics by any means, but I'd love to have them just for nostalgic value.
I don't think anybody today, in their full mental capacity, would want to have the album because of it's musical worth, as the songs are horrible, in my opinion. Funny, but horrible. Nostalgia is the only reason anyone should want this album for. . .
I had that on tape, too, back when it came out. Man, I loved it, and I played it all the time. My mom and dad were probably secretly wearing earplugs in order to be able to stand to be around me when I was playing that tape.
When I was in first grade, when Pacmania was in full stride, my class did a little dance to Pac Man Fever during a school assembly. We had to do something, and I was the one who actually spear-headed the "PMF Movement of 1982", as it's now referred to at Harvest Hills Elementary. . .

I am kind of seriously considering ordering this CD--I'm big time into collecting the stuff that I held dear when I was a kid, and that original tape is long gone. At $20, though, I think it's a tad expensive. I don't know. I'll probably get it, if only for the Pac Man patterns alone. . .

Thanks, Ross, for posting this. Had some good laughs and memories while checking this out.
-mwb-

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I have that record- picked it up at a record shop for $.25 back in the early 90's
Maybe If I get a minute I'll post a scan, just for the memories...
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akhenax