Pac-Man Fever and other influential songs.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ross Williams, Jul 25, 2001.

1. Ross Williams

Ross Williams Supporting Actor

This morning a girl at work played a new N'Sync song with samples from Pac-Man. I instantly tuned it out and suddendly remembered a song I hadn't heard in probably 15 years, Pac-Man Fever. I couldn't remember the title of the song at the time, but after a quick investigation on the web I found this site: http://www.bucknergarcia.com/ Check out the jukebox section for samples of this song and others, including Froggy's Lament.
    I think the first tape I ever owned was a mixed tape with these two songs on it. I found it amazing that I could still remember some of the lyrics and music to songs that I hadn't heard in such a long time. I was seven and this was a tape that I listened to endlessly, a tape that helped grow my appreciation in music. I think it's hilarious that one of the reasons I love music so much today is because of the song Pac-Man Fever. I'm now wondering what other songs were on that tape. (I think "I love Rock N Roll" was one of them.) I wish I could find it.
    For some reason I just had to share this with all you. Do you guys remember Pac-Man Fever? What (possibly strange) songs influenced your love of music?
    ------------------
    "You know, there's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they
    don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em just cheat on you."
    Optimus Prime Films

2. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

"I've got a pocket full of quarters and I'm headed for the AR-CADE"
    "I've got speedy on my tail, and I know it's either him or me.."
    "I've got Pac-Man Fever, PAC-MAN FEVER. It's drivin' me crazy, DRIVIN' ME CRAZY"

3. Tim H

Tim H Stunt Coordinator

I remember that song. I had the Pac-Man Fever album at one point. I don't know what became of it. I probably chunked it during my adolescent phase.
    I'd love to have it on CD. They had that Frogger song, along with songs about Centipede and Berserk. None of them classics by any means, but I'd love to have them just for nostalgic value.

4. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

5. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I have that record- picked it up at a record shop for $.25 back in the early 90's
    Maybe If I get a minute I'll post a scan, just for the memories...
    -Vince
    ------------------
    http://www.musicianassist.com
    AIM: VinceMaskeeper
    Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here