What's new

P.W.S. Anderson on the Event Horizon SE (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Came across this info at NowPlaying.com:

Check the interview for more info.

If they're taking votes from the fans, I'd cast mine for a Director's Cut with the deleted scenes put back in. Not much need for a seamless branching option...since all us fans OWN that movie already! ;)

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
A S.E. of Event Horizon? I'll believe it when I see it! This has been promised for how many years now? In fact, I was going to buy the original DVD just the other day because I figured we'll NEVER see a S.E.... Well, I guess I'll hold off a bit longer now. Come on Paramount, don't let me down. :D

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I'll second the above poster...
I'll believe it when I see it.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Guys, I concur with your "I'll believe it when I see it" sentiments, but I just thought the director actively discussing the project would be enough to make the fans happy.

Perhaps I shouldn't have bothered posting the info?

--What I find weird is that Anderson claims to have already done a commentary, but he mentions that they haven't located all of the excised scenes yet. And that tells me that he'll be re-recording his commentary on the theatrical cut.

Basically: if they include the deleted scenes as supplemental material, this SE ranks as a rental for me. If they add the excised sequences back in to the movie itself, that would almost definitely warrant a new purchase.

Also odd is the fact that Anderson knows that lots of people really dig this movie, yet this knowledge does not help him to make BETTER MOVIES.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
No, don't get me wrong. I like the movie. i thought it was awesome. I just have heard this guy say lots of things about his movies, especially the Event Horizon SE for some time now... none of which has panned out, IMO.

I just don't trust the guy. I think he tells us what we want to hear some time, but an SE is a welcome addition. :D

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
i've read a few years back that there was a lot of gore and violence cut out to gain the r-rating. well, let's see what gets back in ;)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Im all for an SE of EVENT HORIZON...

and it sure sounds MORE likely than not now, from that interview
---

btw -nice setup, enrico! :drool:

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
They should look in the box with the AvP deleted material, you know, the parts that made it good... I'm sure it's in there.

--Justin, firmly in the "I'll believe it when it's in my hands" camp.

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
Well, there is a guy on the IMDb message board for Event Horizon who claims to be the DVD producer for the Special edition. His name is Lancelot something-or-other (can't remember his surname). I know you have to be cautious about anything you read on the IMDb, but the guy did have a valid link to his bio page on IMDb Pro, and went into a fair amount of detail about what to expect which sounded fairly plausible...

He says there will be around 2 hours of documentary stuff including interviews with most of the key cast and crew (although I think he said that Sam Neill was unavailable). Interestingly he did mention quite a while ago that they were having difficulty finding the elements for the deleted material, which, judging from Anderson's recent remarks, may indicate that this Lancelot character is in fact telling the truth. I will try and find the specific thread he posted in...

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I wish more movies would use Seamless Branching!!! And I if the Directors cut is worse I would really love an Anamorphic version of the theaterical edition!!!

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
That's the one alright... I was just about to post that very same link. :)

Anyway, his name is Lancelot Narayan, and he is a UK-based DVD producer. With the amount of detail in his posts, I would say I'm inclined to believe him - it would be far too elaborate and pointless to just be a hoax.

Oh, and add me to the list of people who would MUCH rather have a proper director's cut... if Paramount have actually offered the money to do a full remix and remaster, I'd say take the money! :)

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member

• New Anamorphic Transfer
  • New DD and DTS 5.1 Surround Tracks
  • Audio Commentary w/ Director P.W.S. Anderson & Producer Jeremy Bolt
  • Several Documentaries/Featurettes w/ optional Director Commentary
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • Special Collector's Edition DVD Trailer
Paramount has this scheduled for release on April 18th.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
As long as they don't bundle it with 2001, I... oh wait wrong thread. ;)

Event Horizon special edition hmmm and why not better than a kick in the goolies eh?

I'll believe it when I... oh you've found a cover Nils, nice mock up, should have waited for April 1st dude, I keed! :D

Damn this is a right pickle should I wait and get it on HD-DVD or[STOP IT STEVE!]

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

Yep, once again Paul WS Anderson managed to get out of releasing one of his long-promised "director's cuts". SHOCK!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Once again, Bill doesn't pass up the chance to trash Paul WS Anderson again. SHOCK! :D

Edward Schatz

Second Unit
Paul WS Anderson trashing is a film lover's past time. Like trashing Uwe Boll. Need I remind everyone that the "unrated" AvP was simply some added CGI blood. There never was an unrated cut. PG-13 was the rating it aimed for from the beginning. Besides, I've read somewhere (can't remember, but I swear it's true) that the producers of the film said that everything that's worthwhile is in the final cut (of Event Horizon).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks