What's new

Ozzy Osbourne Comes to Super Audio! (1 Viewer)

Michael_T

Second Unit
I will buy the disc when it comes out, but I don't expect miracles with the sound. So far most of Sony live SACD releases, like Roger Waters and Bruce Springsteen, don't sound that great. And neither do both Aerosmith releases, Just Push Play (which I always contested was the worst SACD I own) and now the new "O,Yeah" hits collection.

I am a glutton for punishment, so I bought the Aerosmith hits collection on SACD, and it also rates very low on my list of sonically pleasing SACDs. So I don't expect much from this Ozzy release either.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Lee,

We'll see.

Michael,

I agree with you. Many live rock recordings are lacking. I will not be expecting much from the Ozzy SACD sonically, but I'll probably get it anyway. After all, it is Ozzy.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Hmm...
I lost interest in Ozzy's stuff after No More Tears and have no interest in the new live album. But Ozzy on SACD might be tempting.

Yes, we'll see...

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
"I agree with you. Many live rock recordings are lacking. I will not be expecting much from the Ozzy SACD sonically, but I'll probably get it anyway. After all, it is Ozzy."

Guys,

While I agree MOST live recordings leave much to be desired, one of the BEST live recordings I've heard is Ozzy's "Speak of the Devil" on LP. The sound is phenomenal for a live recording...With the release of rock titles, my SACD player is becoming more of a reality.

Jeremy

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jeremy, I have not heard the Ozzy LP of which you speak. Of course there are exceptions, but I expect live rock recordings to be poor, unfortunately.

Chip E

Screenwriter
I grew up listening to Ozzy and have several albums and CD's... gotta get this SACD. I went to Best Buy yesterday looking for the new Stones SACD and didn't see it but picked up Janis Joplin "Cheap Thrills" MC SACD. It's REALLY GOOD for a live recording back in '68 (DSD remastered, ofcourse). "Summertime" & "Ball&Chain" almost brought tears to my eyes...no shit. Gotta love the "Approved by Hells Angels- Frisco" stamp on the bottom right corner..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks