What's new

Ozzie & Harriet (1 Viewer)

nwikel

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Steiniw
If this were to come off and Mr. Sam Nelson can actually get full season sets released in uncut, pristine condition from the original 35 mm elements it would be absolutely huge for me. First off, this dispels the nasty rumor about the elements being cut up when the series aired on the Disney Channel so long ago (which I always found hard to believe, but until now never had concrete evidence that it hadn't happened). That in and of itself is fantastic news. Second, I'm hoping enough people will be willing to help with such a project. Sam says in the video he's looking at $56,000 for the restoration of all 435 episodes. Hopefully that will be a hurdle that can easily be cleared for such an important project. I'm trusting it can and will be.

Thanks for the link, John. This news is fabulous and I hope Mr. Nelson can succeed in this all-important project. My fingers are crossed.

Gary "just knowing there is someone working on the project is good news in and of itself" O.
This was a great as well as a fun clean cut show that I enjoyed way back when I was a kid and also My Mom and dad always watched it with me and it always made our evenings great when we watched it and I also enjoyed it too when Rick Nelson started singing on the show too. The show was indeed very well done and lots of good clean fun and comedy. I wish they still made shows like this one. Also great situation comedy with the Nelson family.

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Along with Ricky's songs, I also really liked the generous usage of background music on that show, as well as the music cues.

The oftentimes lush, dream-like string arrangements supported the overall mood of the show, which can then lead one to ask...is what I'm seeing really happening, or maybe I just held that last hit in a little-too-long...as well as other compositions helping to punctuate the script(s) along the way.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Along with Ricky's songs, I also really liked the generous usage of background music on that show, as well as the music cues.

The oftentimes lush, dream-like string arrangements supported the overall mood of the show, which can then lead one to ask...is what I'm seeing really happening, or maybe I just held that last hit in a little-too-long...as well as other compositions helping to punctuate the script(s) along the way.
Definitely added to the enjoyment of the show. Does anyone have an update on the release of the entire series? Later this year, I hope.

jetskier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
Back on Dec. 23rd, I posted that someone was selling the Time-Life 50-episode set on eBay at a fairly reasonable price including a "Make Offer" option. A board member here bought it. I also said that I was going to hold out for the individual Season sets from MPI and I'm still in that frame of mind. Even though it's still early in 2022, I was wondering if anybody has heard anything about those sets - someone that may have been one of the original investors in the project.

My last sentence said: ""Note also that MPI's logo is on the T-L package if anybody wants to speculate about that!"". Well, I just though of my own speculation that might be a real possibility. Could MPI be using Time-Life as a test market retailer to see how well they sell there, before they make the final commitment to issue the whole series in season sets? 🤔

I kind of hope not because even though a lot of people buy from T-L, possibly half of the age group that would be interested in O&H, may have already died - especially with this Covid crap! :oops:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'd like to think they'd not use TL as a "test market" simply because TL consistently overprices their product. I'd guess more than half the potential market for that TL set avoided it due to cost, even with TL's typical "Pay over xx months" offer.

I've been burned several times by purchasing a much desired title from them only for it to make its way to retail a couple of years later at less than half their original cost. The *only* TL TVonDVD releases I've purchased that've not gone to regular retail are the Carol Burnett sets - and I purchased *all* of those from 3rd parties at less than their original TL price, even the "bonus" discs.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think it’s worth repeating that the message sent out to Kickstarter backers a year ago stated that a compilation “best of” set would be the first release, and a chronological one would later follow. The Time Life release seems to be that compilation.

I would think it’s more likely that Time Life offered a significant payment or favorable rate in exchange for the rights to bring a set to market. They have a good direct to consumer business that they have managed to maintain success with despite the bottoming out of the catalog physical media market. Time Life will probably move more units and bring more revenue in for the project than any other future releases, and Time Life will give it more promotion than MPI ever could on its own.

With over 400 episodes to wrangle, every bit helps.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
Seasons 1 and 2 are now up for pre-order from Target.

Coming May 24.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’d love a Blu-ray but I accept that might not be viable in today’s market - hopefully there will be a press release soon to illuminate product configuration and release plans. But even if it’s DVD only, this is fantastic news and a long time coming!

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Seasons 1 and 2 are now up for pre-order from Target.

Coming May 24.
Great news!

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
You might recall back on Aug 23 last year I called MPI. Today I called them for the third time. The woman I first spoke with previously was off today.

I asked many questions and received just about no answers. And believe me I asked every imaginable question one could think of asking.

The only items I discovered were that he was surprised to hear about the pre-order links that Dawn posted and that MPI is soon planning to make a formal announcement.

I did some additional searching and found pre-order links at ImportCDs, BarnesandNoble and DeepDiscount.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I normally wait for lower prices/sales for my TVonDVD purchases - but @ $24/each for those seasons at *pre-order* time... well... that's a very good price by itself! Frankly, it's borderline bargain priced which is not at all what I was expecting for this series.
I normally wait for lower prices/sales for my TVonDVD purchases - but @ $24/each for those seasons at *pre-order* time... well... that's a very good price by itself! Frankly, it's borderline bargain priced which is not at all what I was expecting for this series.
Thank you all for telling us about this! And we thought classic tv releases were kaput! I am all over this! This show was as bizarre as Burns and Allen sometimes and still hoping for any firm to release that classic show! Does anyone know if MPI will indeed release Dangerous Assignment?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m currently at the beginning of season 9 in my hodgepodge collection of episodes. I doubt I’ll be finished with the entire run by the time these sets come out but it’ll be great to go back for a spell and see the kids all young again.

So many of those early episodes I barely remember even though it’s only been a year or two since I’ve seen them. I used to watch them when my twins were newborns and I was staying up overnight to care for them, during each nap period for them I’d put one on to relax before the next round of feedings and diapers. They were so wonderfully soothing then and it’ll be nice to see them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks