What's new

Ozzie & Harriet (1 Viewer)

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Tooncy said:
Oddly enough, the musical performances weren't edited out of the 100-episode Mill Creek release.

Which is pretty wonderful, by the way. I can deal with the less than perfect video quality for largely uncut episodes, many of which include the original commercials that also feature the Nelson family.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Though I unfortunately missed out on the 100 Episode Mill Creek Set, I do currently have all 3 Shout Factory Sets (Including the Christmas Episodes DVD!), along with the Mill Creek 38 Episode Set!

Speaking of Mill Creek, when rechecking for the 100 Episode DVD Set, I did stumble onto the following 3 DVD, 25 Show Set that's available for preorder from Amazon:

U.S. Amazon:
TV Guide Classics - Ozzie & Harriet (June 16, 2015 Release Date): http://www.amazon.com/TV-Guide-Classics-Favorite-Memories/dp/B00VX21W8I/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1434176116&sr=1-1&keywords=TV+Guide+Classics+-+Ozzie+%26+Harriet

Canadian Amazon:
TV Guide Classics - Ozzie & Harriet (July 14, 2015 Release Date): http://www.amazon.ca/TV-Guide-Classics-Ozzie-Harriet/dp/B00VX21W8I/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1434175529&sr=1-1&keywords=ozzie+and+harriet+mill+creek

I sure hope that Sam has something fairly substantial up his sleeve!

CHEERS! :)

jetskier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
I'd recommend that since Sam has announced a release (sort of), that everyone not buy any of the current O & H DVDs on the market for fear it will lower Sam's sales and therefore make it even more questionable for his future releases.

But the main reason is..... I'm confident you'll get MUCH better quality with Sam's releases!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
jetskier said:
I'd recommend that since Sam has announced a release (sort of), that everyone not buy any of the current O & H DVDs on the market for fear it will lower Sam's sales and therefore make it even more questionable for his future releases.

But the main reason is..... I'm confident you'll get MUCH better quality with Sam's releases!
Hi Bill!

For myself, I'm thinking that between already having a decent enough sampling of O&H, and with my eye on a number of other titles, I can hold off on purchasing any more for the time being! Besides, without an Episode List, there is also the danger of partial double dipping for what likely won't be as high quality as what Sam ultimately issues!

Tony

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Tony Bensley said:
Though I unfortunately missed out on the 100 Episode Mill Creek Set, I do currently have all 3 Shout Factory Sets (Including the Christmas Episodes DVD!), along with the Mill Creek 38 Episode Set!

Speaking of Mill Creek, when rechecking for the 100 Episode DVD Set, I did stumble onto the following 3 DVD, 25 Show Set that's available for preorder from Amazon:

U.S. Amazon:
TV Guide Classics - Ozzie & Harriet (June 16, 2015 Release Date): http://www.amazon.com/TV-Guide-Classics-Favorite-Memories/dp/B00VX21W8I/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1434176116&sr=1-1&keywords=TV+Guide+Classics+-+Ozzie+%26+Harriet

Canadian Amazon:
TV Guide Classics - Ozzie & Harriet (July 14, 2015 Release Date): http://www.amazon.ca/TV-Guide-Classics-Ozzie-Harriet/dp/B00VX21W8I/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1434175529&sr=1-1&keywords=ozzie+and+harriet+mill+creek

I sure hope that Sam has something fairly substantial up his sleeve!

Based on the episode listing at Amazon US that's a re-release which duplicates exactly the contents of discs #3, #6, and #11 from the MC "Essential" 100 episode collection. Not surprising coming from MC.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
BobO'Link said:
Based on the episode listing at Amazon US that's a re-release which duplicates exactly the contents of discs #3, #6, and #11 from the MC "Essential" 100 episode collection. Not surprising coming from MC.
Hi Howie!

Of course upon checking the list, I immediately spotted "A Cruise For Harriet," which I have a g*dawful (Yes, even by PD standards, it is rather abysmal!) copy of from a Grade Z DVD by Digiview Productions (This has two additional O&H Episodes, one of which "Bedtime Story," is also on the new Mill Creek Set!) that I picked up around 2005, and I would like a better copy of this, which Mill Creek's most probably is!

I just don't know whether I can hold off at this point? DAMN!

Tony

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
John Hermes said:
Don't you ever lighten up? You have a wealth of TV knowledge but you really are insufferable with your snarky remarks. Ozzie's the "moron" who wrote, produced and directed almost every one of the 435 episodes of a uniquely funny show.

I've watched several episodes on YouTube. If you want "moron" disattached from the name of Ozzie Nelson, you'll have to come up with a different reason.

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
Joe Lugoff said:
I've watched several episodes on YouTube. If you want "moron" disattached from the name of Ozzie Nelson, you'll have to come up with a different reason.
By the time the 1960's began progressing, the show looked dated while it was still in it's first-run network airing. But if Ozzie was to hang his head in shame for anything, it would have to be for the cringe worthy "Ozzie's Girls".

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Joe Lugoff said:
You may not like the show, you may not like Ozzie Nelson, but if you know anything about the man, that is the last word which should be used to describe him.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
John Hermes said:
You may not like the show, you may not like Ozzie Nelson, but if you know anything about the man, that is the last word which should be used to describe him.

How about smart man who made some horrible business decisions? Not only in his negligence in not copyrighting the series but his choices when it came to syndication of the show were head-scratching as well.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I own the 100 episode set, and the Shout "Best of" sets, and a couple $1.00 releases.
I haven't watched every episode, but I'll watch them once in a while depending on my mood, or if I'm feeling nostalgic because it is good, clean fun, done in simpler times.

Anyway, all this discussion about O&H has renewed my interest in the show, so last night I popped one of my discs in my player and watched an episode entitled, "The Pills".
I don't want to give away the plot, but I'll just say in the episode, Ozzie is trying to lose weight.
I never saw it before, but it was one of the funniest half-hours I've watched in a long while, and I prefer watching it than today's "sitcoms."

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I gave "Cruise For Harriet" a fresh viewing last night. Despite a few rough spots visually, I find this a most enjoyable episode with plenty of amusingly awkward situations for Ozzie. It's too bad the Digiview Transfer is totally lacking in End Credits, with the screen briefly going green after the final fadeout.

Yes, I think the Mill Creek version would likely be a stopgap improvement, though I'm nervous about there being 10 Episodes on disc 3 of the TV GUIDE CLASSICS Set, if the listing printed on Amazon is correct. In any event, I would still want to see Sam's restorations later, as they become available!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I love the episodes in which Ozzie (And sometimes Harriet!) get to sing! My favorite among these is from the "Cruise For Harriet" episode (A must view, even for the casual O&H Fan, in my opinion!), in which they perform two songs together!

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Ron Lee Green said:
I own the 100 episode set, and the Shout "Best of" sets, and a couple $1.00 releases.
I haven't watched every episode, but I'll watch them once in a while depending on my mood, or if I'm feeling nostalgic because it is good, clean fun, done in simpler times.

Anyway, all this discussion about O&H has renewed my interest in the show, so last night I popped one of my discs in my player and watched an episode entitled, "The Pills".
I don't want to give away the plot, but I'll just say in the episode, Ozzie is trying to lose weight.
I never saw it before, but it was one of the funniest half-hours I've watched in a long while, and I prefer watching it than today's "sitcoms."

That's one of Ozzie's specialties: take a simple little idea or situation and create hilarity through confusion and misunderstanding.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Tony Bensley said:
Hi Bill!

For myself, I'm thinking that between already having a decent enough sampling of O&H, and with my eye on a number of other titles, I can hold off on purchasing any more for the time being! Besides, without an Episode List, there is also the danger of partial double dipping for what likely won't be as high quality as what Sam ultimately issues!

Tony
I have the Millcreek and Shout Factory releases. Those are good enough until Sam's release(s) hit the market. I'll buy whatever he releases automatically .

Incidentally ,there is a nice official DVD release of many of Ricky's musical performances from the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks