What's new

Ozzie & Harriet Release From Sam Nelson? (1 Viewer)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ozzie’s Decathlon with a bottle of Boylan’s Creamy Red Birch Beer (sorta like a root beer crossed with a cream soda) and I think I’ve found the secret to existence.
Oh Yeah, right there with you Josh! Boylan's Creamy Red Birch Beer! I love it, though my wife thinks it tastes like Pepto-Bismol.

boylans_red_birch_beer_large.jpg
MV5BYjkzZjc2MTktZDIzMy00MTkxLTllNzItNDAwZjgxMDczY2QyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzMzMDIyNDc@._V1_UY268_CR33,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Oh Yeah, right there with you Josh! Boylan's Creamy Red Birch Beer! I love it, though my wife thinks it tastes like Pepto-Bismol.

boylans_red_birch_beer_large.jpg
MV5BYjkzZjc2MTktZDIzMy00MTkxLTllNzItNDAwZjgxMDczY2QyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzMzMDIyNDc@._V1_UY268_CR33,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
No... *wintergreen* tastes like Pepto... I was given that stuff so much as a kid (just mention your stomach doesn't feel right or hurts and *BAM* get a huge spoonful - and it seemed like we had *lots* of stomach bugs back then) that I can't stand the taste or smell of wintergreen as it reminds me too much of Pepto. My wife loves wintergreen Life-Savers. The smell of those gives me a headache. The only wintergreen candy I can tolerate is Necco Wafers version as it's not that strong.

I've never had Boylan's Creamy Red Birch Beer but have had plain Birch Beer. It tastes nothing like Pepto... can't imagine adding the cream (vanilla usually) flavor would alter it to that point.

Last edited:

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No... *wintergreen* tastes like Pepto...
I've never had Boylan's Creamy Red Birch Beer but have had plain Birch Beer. It tastes nothing like Pepto... can't imagine adding the cream (vanilla usually) flavor would alter it to that point.
Boylan's uses wintergreen oil in their birch beer. That is what she is tasting.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
No... *wintergreen* tastes like Pepto... I was given that stuff so much as a kid (just mention your stomach doesn't feel right or hurts and *BAM* get a huge spoonful - and it seemed like we had *lots* of stomach bugs back then) that I can't stand the taste or smell of wintergreen as it reminds me too much of Pepto. My wife loves wintergreen Life-Savers. The smell of those gives me a headache. The only wintergreen candy I can tolerate is Necco Wafers version as it's not that strong.

Two tastes from my childhood I'll never forget, and that is in a bad way, is Pepto and Beer. I can't keep Pepto down-all it does is causes me to puke worse. My dad heard how good beer was for a sick stomach, so he went and got me a beer. Two sips of beer at 4 years old was all it took to convince me never to drink another beer. I'll take a slug of whiskey now and again if I'm feeling "puny," but I'm pretty much a teetotaler thanks to the beer scenario.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
This is getting more elaborate. I just bought ice cream to make a birch beer float for tonight’s O&H viewing. As long as Ozzie’s indulging his cravings, so am I.

I know O&H isn’t real life, but I have decided that for the half an hour that O&H is on in my house, it darn well is, and nothing unpleasant shall creep into my mind.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I know O&H isn’t real life, but I have decided that for the half an hour that O&H is on in my house, it darn well is, and nothing unpleasant shall creep into my mind.

Fantastic and spot on philosophy for watching The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet. This show was made for relaxation and straight up puts me in a good mood every single time. You are on to something, Josh. May it continue! :)

Gary “not too long before I start watching the Christmas episodes again” O. :popcorn:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I found the season one episode “Day After Thanksgiving” online and watched it the day after with a turkey sandwich. Episodes with Ozzie acting befuddled over food are now 3/3 in my book. I hope to discover more food centric ones. I can relate!

Last edited:

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Fantastic and spot on philosophy for watching The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet. This show was made for relaxation and straight up puts me in a good mood every single time. You are on to something, Josh. May it continue! :)

Gary “not too long before I start watching the Christmas episodes again” O. :popcorn:
Okay, y'all, here's a treat that should put y'all in a good mood-it did me! From 1934 is one I just uploaded to my YT channel of Ozzie and Harriet, restored from the original 78, doing Jingle Bells:

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
If you didn't say who it was I'd never guess Ozzie! Harriet is almost obvious (sounds just like I'd expect her to sound singing that is and could possibly tell you it wes her if I'd seen an episode or two of the show before hearing it).
I'd heard Ozzie sing in one of the Christmas episodes, but I'm not sure I would've picked him out. Harriet, yes, it sounds exactly like her voice. When Christmas is over, I think I'll delve further into seeing what I can find of their music.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I'd heard Ozzie sing in one of the Christmas episodes, but I'm not sure I would've picked him out. Harriet, yes, it sounds exactly like her voice. When Christmas is over, I think I'll delve further into seeing what I can find of their music.
There are many Ozzie cds on Amazon available. Just search for “Ozzie Nelson cd” on Amazon. You won’t be disappointed.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
There are many Ozzie cds on Amazon available. Just search for “Ozzie Nelson cd” on Amazon. You won’t be disappointed.
I tend to lean towards Hank Williams and older country, but there's a soft spot in my heart for the Big Band era type of stuff. I laugh and say I should've been born in the era to where I could've seen Hank in person. My mother, a 1950 baby, says she should have been in the era to where she could have watched Glen Miller and others from his era. I also have a soft spot for Bing and The Andrews Sisters, so I have no doubts Ozzie won't disappoint me.

stuartfanning

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stuart Fanning
Can anyone help with this. When was R J Reynolds Tobacco (the makers of Salem cigarettes) a sponsor of the show. This YouTube clip suggest they were at some time.

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Watching the Mill Creek set that includes the original commercials on many episodes really adds to the viewing experience. The Kodak Christmas spots are my favorites ("Open me first!"). At the other end of the spectrum, the Aunt Jemima pancake ads are very strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks