What's new

Ozzie & Harriet Release From Sam Nelson? (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I've been watching some random episodes. (I have the Time-Life collection) I swear I saw Ozzie and Harriet sharing the same bed in a Season 6 episode. I always thought this was a TV taboo until the Brady's shared a bed in The Brady Bunch. Anyone else notice this?

They were definitely sharing a bed in Season 6 (Tutti Fruitti Ice Cream). And I’m sure before then as well.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I thought in I Love Lucy there were two single beds pushed together. In Ozzie and Harriet there is only one headboard.

Albert71292

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Sims
I've been watching some random episodes. (I have the Time-Life collection) I swear I saw Ozzie and Harriet sharing the same bed in a Season 6 episode. I always thought this was a TV taboo until the Brady's shared a bed in The Brady Bunch. Anyone else notice this?
From the season 4 episode "Wedding Rings", aired December 2, 1955, the earliest I noticed on the complete season sets...

Attachments

• ozzie_harriet_bed_wedding_rings_12_02_1955.jpg
    ozzie_harriet_bed_wedding_rings_12_02_1955.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 26

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
thank you!!
Looks like something mom would have bought me for a sick day home from school in the 1970s. I have a bunch of that stuff like this in several boxes that mean so much. Roaches got in an messed some of that up a bit. I need a sit down talk with Ozzie to get over that.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Ok, after a bit of a drought, a new favorite episode has cracked my Top 10 list for the show: Season 7’s “The Dress Shop”. It’s Oz at his nuttiest when he and Joe put on their best faux-French accents to shamelessly hit on an endless parade of gorgeous blondes trying on dresses at their wives’ newly-purchased retail store, all in an effort to get them to sell the shop so they can focus on housewife duties at home. In addition, we are treated to a scene where Ozzie gets upset after they host dinner with the Randolphs, and he starts smashing the Randolphs’ plates on the floor.

Seems like Ozzie might have partaken in a bit too much of Gaffney’s Blood Tonic once again 🤣. Anyway, it’s a keeper!

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
In honor of Rick Nelson’s Birthdate which was this past Monday, May 8th, he would have turned 83 years of age.
Here’s three clips from the HD stream of S07E08 Rick's Riding Lessons (Nov.19.1958) featuring Rick singing along with the beautiful Venetia Stevenson as Judy.
Great minds think alike, Neal...I also watched this episode earlier this week - though via the MPI S7 DVD set. It was a fun one, and I was impressed with Rick's horseriding skills. As Neal captured in the third video clip above, he (and other cast members, with even David joining in) sings "Cindy, Cindy", which he would reprise (in a shorter version, accompanied by Dean Martin and Walter Brennan) in the following year's Rio Bravo. (Starts at the 2:15 mark):

Belated happy birthday wishes to Rick Nelson.

Last edited:

Tom.W

Second Unit
In honor of Rick Nelson’s Birthdate which was this past Monday, May 8th, he would have turned 83 years of age.
Here’s three clips from the HD stream of S07E08 Rick's Riding Lessons (Nov.19.1958) featuring Rick singing along with the beautiful Venetia Stevenson as Judy.
It's hard to imagine Rick at 83, after watching him as a kid and young man in all these Ozzie and Harriet episodes. Very sad that he didn't live out a full life in years. I watched The High Cost of Dating today. Very much a fun and funny episode. Also a pleasure to see the beautiful Roberta Shore whose radiance is magnified in the restored transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks