What's new

Ozzie & Harriet Release From Sam Nelson? (2 Viewers)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
IIRC S3 & S4 also have fewer episodes which is why they're on fewer discs.
After the I dream of Jeannie blu ray mess Mill Creek did do we really think MPI a class act will give us garbage?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
After the I dream of Jeannie blu ray mess Mill Creek did do we really think MPI a class act will give us garbage?

I don’t think they would do so on purpose. But cutting corners during this poor economy would not surprise me that much. I just don’t want to see a bunch of artifacting, or blocking, on these restored episodes. Just hoping they look as nice as they should.

Gary “please don’t disappoint me, MPI” O.

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
If they're at least as good as the recent Time-Life package (in which I'm confident in), I'll then become a happy hermit (in which I'm sure of)!
Just remember to stop by once a week to slip a couple of Harriet's apple pies, and a vat or two of tutti-fruitti ice cream under the door, as binge-watching 435- :25 episodes may take a while, and, with the price of gas these days only getting higher, it may be cheaper to produce my own, plus, it's the perfect O&H meal to watch them with.

Every time Oz, or any other male enters a scene wearing a shirt with a collar, down goes a bite of each, which is Shirley surely a lot healthier on one's kidneys than that awful 'down-a-shot of Jacky-D' drinking game every time Lou Grant said he wasn't a hugger, that was all the rage at the time.
But we sure did get a tittle lipsy becuse of it!

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I don’t think they would do so on purpose. But cutting corners during this poor economy would not surprise me that much. I just don’t want to see a bunch of artifacting, or blocking, on these restored episodes. Just hoping they look as nice as they should.

Gary “please don’t disappoint me, MPI” O.
There was an earlier episode wherein Ricky wasn't pulling his weight, chore-wise, much to Ozzie's dismay.
Ozzie's (paraphrased) reply was, There's a lot of benefits to having the Nelson name. With that, comes a lot of responsibility....

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
If they're at least as good as the recent Time-Life package (in which I'm confident in), I'll then become a happy hermit (in which I'm sure of)!
Just remember to stop by once a week to slip a couple of Harriet's apple pies, and a vat or two of tutti-fruitti ice cream under the door, as binge-watching 435- :25 episodes may take a while, and, with the price of gas these days only getting higher, it may be cheaper to produce my own, plus, it's the perfect O&H meal to watch them with.

Every time Oz, or any other male enters a scene wearing a shirt with a collar, down goes a bite of each, which is Shirley surely a lot healthier on one's kidneys than that awful 'down-a-shot of Jacky-D' drinking game every time Lou Grant said he wasn't a hugger, that was all the rage at the time.
But we sure did get a tittle lipsy becuse of it!
no reviews yet

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Since this is a holy grail for me, I have already ordered all 4 season sets. And I'd love to order more in the coming weeks/months if MPI can keep up this schedule.

Gary "my only frustration is with the disc count in these sets - 8+ episodes per disc is pushing it" O.
I ordered all four as well - matter of fact , I already have the Time Life set. But it really is starting to look like all seasons will be released!

Last edited:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I ordered all four as well - matter of fact , I already have the Time Life set. But it really is starting to look like all seasons will be released!
I sure hope so! I originally thought I'd be fine stopping after S7 or so, but after watching a few more episodes from S9, have come around to wanting all 14 seasons. The show seems to stay strong throughout at least most of its run. Really looking forward to getting my hands on these first two season sets and digging in!

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
No doubt. I’ll be ecstatic if they look as good as the Time Life set. Just not sure yet.
No reason why all 14 seasons shouldn’t look as good as the Time Life set.
I’m looking forward to eventually clearing the Mill Creek, Shout Factory, Alpa, etc. releases off my shelf to make way for all 14 seasons, plus the TL set.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
As with any series or franchise release, they *won't* if sales of the season sets don't continue to be healthy -- so don't hesitate to buy 'em (assuming you can afford 'em, ofcourse) as they come out..... If n' when a complete series box is released, one can always put one's individual sets on EBay.. :>]
True , this is important for any vintage show. If the dwindling fan base holds back in anticipation of a complete set , and sales are poor, that would jeopardize the entire release .So later seasons might not be released , and no complete set would be possible.
So , I’m in ordering the Ozzie And Harriet seasons as released.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
True , this is important for any vintage show. If the dwindling fan base holds back in anticipation of a complete set , and sales are poor, that would jeopardize the entire release .So later seasons might not be released , and no complete set would be possible.
So , I’m in ordering the Ozzie And Harriet seasons as released.
For a record-breaking fourteen seasons and 435 episodes, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet™ aired on ABC-TV from 1952 through 1966, becoming one of the most cherished cultural touchstones of the twentieth century. The gentle humor of the prolific and popular sitcom was brought to the screen by the real-life Nelson family: Ozzie and wife Harriet with their sons, David and Rick, all portraying themselves in a trend-setting blend of fact-meets-fiction comedy decades before Seinfeld and other semi-reality based shows.

The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet™ humorously chronicled the daily lives of the Nelson family as David and Ricky grew up before millions of weekly viewers. For the very first time, in association with the Nelson family, the entire series has been digitally restored with complete episodes from the original film negatives for superior picture quality.

THE OFFICIAL COMPLETE SEASON ONE contains all 39 full, fun-filled episodes starting with the premiere show and other rare adventures not seen on television in decades. Don DeFore appears as Ozzie’s neighbor pal Thorny along with classic television and film guest stars Hal Smith, Ellen Corby, Janet Waldo, Joseph Kearns, Jeanette Nolan, Stanley Holloway, Frank Nelson and other familiar faces.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
No reason why all 14 seasons shouldn’t look as good as the Time Life set.
I’m looking forward to eventually clearing the Mill Creek, Shout Factory, Alpa, etc. releases off my shelf to make way for all 14 seasons, plus the TL set.
Same here, although I am not sure about getting rid of all the discs from the 385 episode collection many have bought off Ebay. A lot of them have those fun to watch original commercials, which I like. Sometimes though keeping too much is too much.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Same here, although I am not sure about getting rid of all the discs from the 385 episode collection many have bought off Ebay. A lot of them have those fun to watch original commercials, which I like. Sometimes though keeping too much is too much.
Right! Sometimes storage becomes an issue with all of the stuff we think we need to keep. There are so many shows and movies I love, that I realize I often need to get rid of some duplicates. For example , gifting a DVD of a favorite when I have replaced it with a Blu-ray!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

I have all of those digitized on my Plex server and I’ve got the original discs in my attic. I’m not sure if I’m going to just replace the older copies with newer copies or try to keep both sets. Leaning towards keeping the restored copies on Plex but letting the old discs stay in the attic just in case I ever want to see them that way again.

HubbaBubbaKid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Frankie
In most cases i would agree that sales would dictate further releases but in this case , this was a restoration / preservation project from the get go so they may have planned to release the entire show regardless of sales . i would think they would be very conservative on the print runs for each season as they go by and then maybe do a box set if there is a lot of left over from initial print runs . regardless, i’m in for the whole shebang

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
In most cases i would agree that sales would dictate further releases but in this case , this was a restoration / preservation project from the get go so they may have planned to release the entire show regardless of sales . i would think they would be very conservative on the print runs for each season as they go by and then maybe do a box set if there is a lot of left over from initial print runs . regardless, i’m in for the whole shebang
Must support releases for more!

mark-edk

Second Unit
It's here!

Attachments

• IMG_0681.jpg
    IMG_0681.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 43

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Box art up at DeepDiscount for the Sept. 27, 2022, release of Season 5 and Season 6.
Good stuff, Bob - thanks for sharing the cover images for S5 and 6!

Just pre-ordered S3 and S4. They're still showing a release date of July 26 on Amazon. Can't access Bull Moose from over here in Japan for some reason (their website refuses to load...maybe some sort of region blocking? Can't explain it otherwise).

It's a little more expensive with Amazon ($23.99 per set) but they can usually be relied on to ship relatively quickly, and I only have a 12 day window to be able to receive the sets while I'm back in the States (flying back home next Friday for the first time in 3 years). Hopefully, these should arrive at my family's place in Washington State while I'm there.

In the meantime, I'm continuing to very much enjoy working my way through S1 for the first time. Just ran through a block of especially good episodes ("The Rover Boys," "Separate Rooms" and "The Valentine Show.") Had a blast with all three.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Good stuff, Bob - thanks for sharing the cover images for S5 and 6!

Just pre-ordered S3 and S4. They're still showing a release date of July 26 on Amazon. Can't access Bull Moose from over here in Japan for some reason (their website refuses to load...maybe some sort of region blocking? Can't explain it otherwise).

It's a little more expensive with Amazon ($23.99 per set) but they can usually be relied on to ship relatively quickly, and I only have a 12 day window to be able to receive the sets while I'm back in the States (flying back home next Friday for the first time in 3 years). Hopefully, these should arrive at my family's place in Washington State while I'm there.

In the meantime, I'm continuing to very much enjoy working my way through S1 for the first time. Just ran through a block of especially good episodes ("The Rover Boys," "Separate Rooms" and "The Valentine Show.") Had a blast with all three.
The Rover Boys is an interesting one. Man Is A Confused Animal.....Ozzie Nelson :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks