What's new

Ozzie & Harriet Release From Sam Nelson? (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The text “Mill Creek” occasionally pops up in the bottom right corner but it’s brief and unobtrusive - it’s less noticeable than a network bug would be these days.

Mark McFurbin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Buggles
It seems pretty apparent that Sam gave up but I'm curious if any of the backers have heard from Sam Nelson regarding the Ozzie & Harriet Restoration? If so, how long ago? Does he still claim he's still "working on it" or has he given some official statement that the project is dead?

Last edited:

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
So it's come to this.

Can you believe it?

A failure to deliver a promised product.

My goodness, what do we do now?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
People are frustrated in part because this was a crowdsourced project. Sam Nelson took money from the fans, and I don’t believe he’s given them anything in return.

Exactly! And not only that, but Sam had reputable companies offer to help him get the series released, and he turned them down. And now we have ZERO to show for it.

Gary "don't appreciate the sarcasm either" O.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
So I think I’ve mentioned this before, I have a Plex server running on an HTPC and I’ve ripped all of my various O&H discs - the Shout Factory authorized collections, the Mill Creek hundred episode set, and the homemade mega set that’s on eBay - into one collection that’s organized chronologically and in order. It’s not the complete run but I think I’ve got about 400 episodes of what Wikipedia says is a 435 episode run, so that’s probably as good as it gets. Now that the holidays are over and I’m done skipping around for seasonal episodes, I’m back at regular viewing and towards the back end of Season 5. The last one I watched was The Hawaiian Party which was a wonderful little episode - some nice musical performances along with the type of low stakes conflict that is a much needed respite from today’s reality.

Mark McFurbin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Buggles
So I think I’ve mentioned this before, I have a Plex server running on an HTPC and I’ve ripped all of my various O&H discs - the Shout Factory authorized collections, the Mill Creek hundred episode set, and the homemade mega set that’s on eBay - into one collection that’s organized chronologically and in order. It’s not the complete run but I think I’ve got about 400 episodes of what Wikipedia says is a 435 episode run, so that’s probably as good as it gets. Now that the holidays are over and I’m done skipping around for seasonal episodes, I’m back at regular viewing and towards the back end of Season 5. The last one I watched was The Hawaiian Party which was a wonderful little episode - some nice musical performances along with the type of low stakes conflict that is a much needed respite from today’s reality.

So Sam Nelson is going to give us all access to your Plex account to "make good" on the whole deal with the backers? :)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Truthfully, I’m still a little skeptical , but hopeful. I guess that a season or two would be better than nothing, but I’d love to have the ENTIRE series complete uncut and in nice quality.With all the time that has passed since the original announcement, it seems unlikely that could happen. But it would be nice to get anything so I hope Gary is right!!

Tom.W

Second Unit
I noticed the Z Living network is currently running through a lot of episodes, all public domain I assume. Currently in the 7th season, cut down to about 22 minutes. Sometimes when a show appears on a cable or digital network, a release follows in the coming months. Hope so.

Real Name
Geoffrey
I noticed the Z Living network is currently running through a lot of episodes, all public domain I assume. Currently in the 7th season, cut down to about 22 minutes. Sometimes when a show appears on a cable or digital network, a release follows in the coming months. Hope so.
All 435 episodes are public domain and yes I guarantee you that this Z Living network is running them because they are public domain and this has zero to do with Sam Nelson.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks