Oz upcoming...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Jenkins, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins Supporting Actor

Anyone else watch Oz on HBO? The new season is starting Sunday. I thought last seasons' final episode was great with the dud bomb and then the kitchen explosion! Rumor had it the minister is going to be found, alive. Any truth in that??

Cheers,

Paul

2. Sam Graves

Sam Graves Stunt Coordinator

3. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

Entertainment Weekly gave the premiere ep a mini-review; contains some spoilers:
    If Luke Perry was looking to shed his pretty-boy 90210 image by joining the down-and-dirty prison drama's cast, he's certainly succeeded. In the typically jam-packed opener, Perry's Rev. Jeremiah Cloutier survives last year's season-ending blast but suffers severe burns, rendered with horrifyingly graphic prosthetics.
    Almost as scary is the sight of Peter Criss--sans his feline KISS makeup--as an inmate convicted of literally trying to kill the umpire. Plus, the increasingly insane Miguel Alvarez gets temporarily sprung from solitary, and neo-Nazi Vern Schillinger declares a "jihad" against Kareem Said, the Black Muslim who shanked him. Suffice it to say that after four years on the air, Oz remains a wonderfully awful world.
    RATING: A

4. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

I really like Oz and have scene every episode.

Just my opinion but last seasons final episode was kind of weak. The main problem was how they originally got rid of Reverend Cloutier.

Oz is a maximum-security prison. The one thing that they consistently do in that kind of prison is count the inmates.

When a group goes to a different part of the prison on a work detail they are counted. When they return they are counted. So Cluoutier goes missing when on a work detail and no one notices?

In most prisons they would lock down the entire prison and go looking for the missing prisoner. In Oz nothing happens when a prisoner goes missing? That was very unrealistic and perhaps in the back-story of the premiere episode this Sunday they will somehow rectify this glaring mistake.

Even though I seem harsh I can’t wait for the new season.

5. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

You know Patrick, I had the same question myself.