What's new

Oz Seasons 3 and 4 announced! (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Just got this from tvshowsondvd.com. Tom Fontana has posted that Oz season 3 will street 2/24/04, and season 4 on 10/5/04.

Just hoping that season 4 gets released in one box (even though it was 3x as long as other seasons) and not split up. I'll be picking both up regardless.

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
Well, twice as long, not three times...

But it was always a silly designation to me, the 'long' Season Four... the episodes were still shown in blocks of eight and in separate years (like all the others). The two parts of Season Four were CLOSER together than the other years (show's schedule moved from summer to winter), but they were still separated.

S 1 July-Aug '97 eight shows
S 2 July-Aug '98 eight shows
S 3 July-Sep '99 eight shows
S 4 part one July-Aug '00 eight shows
S 4 part two Jan-Feb '01 eight shows
S 5 Jan-Feb '02 eight shows
S 6 Jan-Feb '03 eight shows

They may have shot Season Four in one big production chunk (did they? I'm not sure), but they still aired separately, making the series 'feel' like seven seasons, not six...

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I spoke to someone who worked on the shows about the subject of the "two" seasons four. Apparently it was done because the new Sopranos season was delayed (isn't it always?) and Tom Fontana wrote the second half on the fly (as opposed to the others which were pre-plotted). Interesting to note, then, that S4P2 has some of the most bizarre and silly plotlines.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I thought that S4 was in three parts for some reason, but a quick check of HBOs website says otherwise. Regardless, having this whole series on DVD will be nice-60 hour Oz marathon anyone?

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
Anyone know if they plan on running OZ repeats? I checked hbo.com but there's nothing going on on the regular HBO channels...

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
I watched the first 3 years (24 hours) in a week-long marathon...

While outstanding television, it puts one in a pretty 'gloomy' mindset, watching that much all at once... but it was so absorbing, I couldn't stop... a lot of 'okay, one more, and THEN I'll go to bed'...

Re: Season 4, part 2, and silly stuff... without looking it up or anything- the rapid aging serum test was in there, right? That was a series low point...

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I think that the aging drug was in S4-2, and Tom Fontana has apologized for it on his website I believe. Things definitely picked up in S5 and S6 though.

I'm glad that the releases are picking up from one per year though. At this rate, we'll be able to watch the whole series on DVD over the Christmas holidays in 2005:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks