Oz Season 4

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Chris Bardon, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I was looking at the listing for this set online, and noticed that even though it's being listed as 16 episodes, it's also only showing 3 discs. Does this mean that there'll be more compression or double sided discs this time around? At this point I'm locked into buying the entire series, but I'd really hate for the quality to be uneven...

Any word on seasons 5 and 6 yet? I know that Tom Fontana mentioned on his website that HBO had plans to release all 6 seasons, but that was almost a year ago. I can't really see not finishing at this point, but you never know what these people are thinking. Hopefully the show is still popular enough to finish even though it's been dead and gone for a while now...

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I wouldn't worry about them not releasing the rest of the series. HBO just always seems to take its time with the Oz releases though. You probably won't see the fifth season until early next year (and Season Six until early 2007) if they keep the same pace.

3. Mitch Stevens

Mitch Stevens Supporting Actor

Chris,

Netflix has this listed as a 6-Disc set. Are you sure other websites say it's only 3-Disc? If so, I'm going to assume that they are 3 DOUBLE-SIDED discs. I doubt they would compress the episodes any more than they already have to. HBO is usually good about this sort of thing.