What's new

Oz Episode 55: Junkyard Dawgs (1 Viewer)

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Well that was... interesting. No guest narrator, the deaths of two majors (and two characters who were just introduced), a bizarre new leader for the gays, pot brownies, O'Reilly's father coming to Oz, Keller and Schillinger plotting on the level of pro wrestlers ("He now thinks that I'm back to liking him, even though I've triple-crossed him into thinking that you think I'm still on your side, but I'm really not"), an affaire for Glynn with McManus' ex-wife out of the blue, sounds like things are winding down. Seems like so many plots are still dangling loose, but considering the speed with which Oz deals with plots, 100 minutes is plenty of time to get everything done.
From what I saw in the preview: Jaz Hoyt reveals what happened to Cloutier, Beecher strikes a deal with the FBI to give Keller up for the murder of Winthrop (though that would technically be inadmissible under lawyer-client priviledge), Quearns returns (probably as the new warden, God save us), and who knows what else.

In short, 4 deaths, bringing the season's body count to 15, with an average of 2.5/ episode.

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Mark,

If you don't mind, could you spoilerize the 4 who died? We've been without power here since 0530 Sunday morning and I don't know when, if ever, it'll come back on! I may end up missing this one altogether:frowning:!

Quincy

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody want to make a wager on Beecher and Schillinger killing each other in some type of fight, kind of tying in with McBeth somehow?

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Assuming that anyone who missed sunday caught the replay last night, so no spoiler tags.

WOOHOO! Omar White is DEAD!

This should have happened a long time ago, since this character has been annoying the hell out of me for a whole season now.

Didn't like the ending though-seemed like a bit of a throw away, and a little obvious. Loved the Macbeth stuff though (Beecher as Macduff-genius!). I have a feeling that the play will figure pretty prominently into the last episode. Should be a good one.

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Assuming that anyone who missed sunday caught the replay last night, so no spoiler tags.
Your assumption is incorrect, but that doesn't bother me at all. As I mentioned in my original thread, we have been without power for quite some time and are still without the AC.

So know we can discuss spoiler free if everyone is cool with it:).

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Didn't like the ending though-seemed like a bit of a throw away, and a little obvious. Loved the Macbeth stuff though (Beecher as Macduff-genius!). I have a feeling that the play will figure pretty prominently into the last episode. Should be a good one.
The only thing is that Shillinger could also be the show's "Macduff," since Beecher killed Hank. Don't forget that while Macduff plots his revenge against Macbeth, he says "He has no children," meaning that the proper revenge of an eye for an eye (also applicable in Vern's case :)) would be to kill his son, which Beecher has already done.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Very strange episode. Are we down to 2 left?

Beecher strikes a deal with the FBI to give Keller up for the murder of Winthrop (though that would technically be inadmissible under lawyer-client priviledge
But Beecher is no longer a laywer. He was disbarred when he became a felon. So, no privilege exists. Personally, I have no love lost for Keller, so GO FOR IT, BEECHER!

IMHO, Schillinger has to get it by the end. He is too evil to let live.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
The only thing is that Shillinger could also be the show's "Macduff," since Beecher killed Hank. Don't forget that while Macduff plots his revenge against Macbeth, he says "He has no children," meaning that the proper revenge of an eye for an eye (also applicable in Vern's case ) would be to kill his son, which Beecher has already done.
Been a long time since I read Macbeth, so I only remember the vague outline of what happens. Might have to go back and re-read the play before next Sunday though.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Been a long time since I read Macbeth, so I only remember the vague outline of what happens. Might have to go back and re-read the play before next Sunday though.
that the finale will center around the production of Macbeth, like Visitation centred around the bus ride and Variety around the musical numbers. Just my guess though.
Sadly, the NYC book signing has been postponed due to the blizzard (how vaguely Oz-like that is).

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I have been a fan of this show since the beginning but seriously the body count this season is way out of control.

I can accept the prisoners getting it because that happens all the time, and I can even look past the strange disappearance of the Rev but the Warden getting it in his office? I wonder in the last fifty years has any prison Warden ever been murdered in his office?

As for the final, I hope Beecher gets out, Keller and Schillinger get theirs and the O'Reilys are left standing. (Who knows perhaps they can do a follow-up movie for HBO if some of the main characters are left alive in the end.

Larry Price

Stunt Coordinator
Which B&N was the NYC signing - and when?
Has it been rescheduled?

Just got my answer
http://www.hbo.com/oz/behind/index.html
BOOK SIGNINGS

In New York
Tom Fontana and Oz cast members will be autographing copies of the Oz book on Tuesday, February 25th, 1pm at the Barnes and Noble Bookstore at 600 Fifth Avenue at 48th Street.

In Los Angeles
Thursday, March 6th at 7:30pm at the Barnes & Noble Bookstore at 189 Grove Drive (corner of 3rd and Fairfax)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks