Oz Episode 53: 4Giveness 02/02/03

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Turetsky, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor

Well, that was depressing. And strange. Among the strange happenings:
    - The strangeness surrounding Cutler's death: Why is it that people are happy Robson killed him? Cutler tried to kill Said for the Aryans and Robson shanked Pancamo. Suddenly Cutler is Pancamo's enemy and hated by the Aryans, while Robson gets accepted back into the fold? Bizarre. Not to mention the Alvarez thing with Cutler's will.
    - Morales is now dead, but there's been no reaction to it whatsoever.

And on to Beecher. The things people do for love. I hope Keller gets shanked.

Cyril's scene in the hospital ward was great stuff, along with McManus' scene with Murphy. Good stuff.

The body count for this season is now 10, averaging 2 per episode. Only three more left.

2. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Tobias Beecher is the biggest idiot ever. It really looked like he was going to make it-the stuff with the warden was great. I've got the feeling that Keller will get what's coming to him though.

I was a little surprised that there was no aftermath to Morales' death. Not even mentioned later in the ep. We'll see what comes of it.

Loved the bits with cyril though. From the preview it looks like the execution is next ep, but I was looking forward to some more insanity first (Jericho full time perhaps?).

The only problem so far-almost all of the major characters are being killed off. As threads get tied off, how much more is there really going to be to tell. True, there's only three episodes left, but they're starting to run out of characters.

Any bets on how long it'll be before Devlan ends up in Oz?

3. Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins Supporting Actor

4. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

I hated that Beecher was foolish enough to help Keller, knowing that it could (and DID) send him back to Oz!

I wasn't aware that they did actually kill Morales, but I guess they did. The fact that they never mentioned again led me to believe it was a dream that Morales was having. I guess not...

I'm very upset with the entire Cyril storyline. A more sympathetic story could not be imagined!

I'm anxiously awaiting Governor Devlin's arrival at Oswald[​IMG]!

5. Max Knight

Max Knight Supporting Actor

The whole Beecher incident was so upsetting for me. How could he be so stupid?

One thing I do love about the show is how well Keller is written. You really do get a sense for how seductive he is, and how well he can manipulate people.

I also really loved Cyril's scene in the hospital. I really want to see more of Jericho.

6. Mark Turetsky

Any predictions on the final three narrators? My guess is Adebisi, Said, and Ortilani.

7. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

My wife and I were upset by Beecher's return. We were like "You idiot!". If I got out of OZ. I would run as far as I could from that place.
    I think the last scene from the show. Should be Gov.Devlin getting it up the butt, by one of the prisoners. Proving everyone gets in the end. [​IMG]

8. Chris Bardon

9. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I've given up on the show and am just learning the plots by reading here, but I always thought Beecher getting out would be the full circle of the series, but it sounds like they pooched that one. This show is so similar to Fontana's Homicide , a show that was great for 5 Seasons and then went progressively downhill from season 6 on. The same could be said of Oz after season 3.

10. Mark Turetsky

On Cloutier,
    We do know that he isn't a ghost, since Hoyt is insane, but yeah, I'm still wondering whether or not they're going to explain where it is he got to. I'm just waiting to see Luke Perry in the opening credits.

11. RafaelB

RafaelB Second Unit

[​IMG] Man, Beecher is such an IDIOT!!! [​IMG]

That p*ssed me off so much, him falling for Keller's act again. I mean, what he has for Keller is not love, it seems like more of an addiction. The looks on McManus's and Peter Marie's faces as he walked in were priceless.

It'll be sad to see Cyril die, but I'm curious as to what they're going to do with Ryan since it seemed he was on a sort of redemption arc but now him acting out against his mom is bringing him back.

Maybe that wacky nurse is really Clutier? [​IMG]

Rafael

12. Chris Bardon

13. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

Thanks for the update guys. This is the first episode I've missed. RCN decided I have to pay over $20 for HBO (yes, just HBO) and I had to draw the line somewhere. I turned in my box. Only a few episodes left too. [​IMG] Aw well. I'll apply the $20 to the eventual DVD purchase.

Sorry to hear about Beecher.

14. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    I was so upset about Beecher I had trouble falling asleep. He is the one character I truly belive to be a victim, and once again, he is victimized.

15. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

While I do feel bad that Beecher is back, I cannot see him as a 'victem.' Though in most cases, he was only trying to stop from being killed, he has opened himself up to things in most cases.

He has also opened a huge can of whoop-ass on himself with the way that he dealt with the warden in the last show and I am sure that many are not going to be pleased that he is back, staff and inmates alike. And the thing that he did for Chris...yes stupid, but much out of chacater. Whether there is love there or not, he wanted out to much and to be with what was left of his family.

As far as I am concerned, whatever happens to him now with the walls of Oz...he has asked for.