Oz Episode 52: Failure To Communicate

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Turetsky, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor

Antonio Nappa, probably the best guest narrator they've had so far. Also looks like everyone who plays MacBeth ends up dead: Meehan, Schibetta, and now Wolfgang Cutler. Looks like we can look for some special signifigance in this play. Let's see: Agamemnon Busmalis plays Banquo, a betrayed friend (perhaps something to come with Rebadow) and Burr Reading plays Duncan, a king about to face a mutiny. Looks like there's a killer nurse in the hospital ward. Scary stuff.
    The count for the season is 9 deaths so far, with 2 (Winthrop and Cutler). Glad to see Keller take some revenge on Winthrop.

2. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

I missed most of Oz last night due to the Superbowl Coverage but I'm catching the Replay tonight on HBO2!

It seems that Minister Said is truly dead...could there be a guest narrator appearance in the future?

3. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

NEXT WEEK POSSIBLE SPOILER......
    In the previews for next week. Does it look like Keller sets up Beecher so he violates parole and gets sent back? You see a scene where Keller asks Beecher to do something. That Beecher says will violate his parole. And the next preview scene shows Keller calling some detective.
    What do you all think? I really hope Beecher stays out. I can't recall anyone ever getting out(& staying out) of Oz without being dead.

4. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Good Ep, and I like the parallels with Macbeth-I'm pretty sure those are intentional.

Incidentally, my tape missed the first few minutes-I caught it from where Glynn fires the guard. Anything really happen before that?

5. Mark Turetsky

I don't think there was much before Glynn's firing. The "previously" segment was rather long, and then of course there's credits.
    In terms of next week's preview:Something tells me that the preview was intentionally misleading, but you never know with this show.

6. Mark Turetsky

7. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

Good episode and I'm really glad the Winthrop had a "special" meeting with Chris!

Loved the Nappa commentary!

8. RafaelB

RafaelB Second Unit

I hate to day it, but my heart really went out to Alvarez in this ep. This poor kid can't get a break in the world, huh? No wonder he's the way he is... [​IMG]

And I'm pretty interested to see what's going to happen to O'Rielly's mom and that inmate.

Rafael

9. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

10. Mark Turetsky

In case anyone is interested in spoilers, the guest narrator for next week's episode will be Schillinger's two sons.