Oz Episode 50: See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Smell No Evil. 01/12/03

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Turetsky, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor

Just when you thought Oz couldn't get any more disturbing, they give us the "spooning" scene. Though I must say it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. As you'll recall way back in the Season 2, Beecher and Rebadow were rooming with Robson and Beecher... um... castrated him... with his mouth. So we've seen things come full circle, now that Robson is a prag. Did anyone else get the impression in his scene with Sister Pete that he had already made up his mind and just needed some sort of reinforcement for what he was going to do?
    We also saw the deaths of two long running characters: Peter Schibetta (season 2) and Timmy Kirk (also season 2. Yes, he goes back that far). The moment we found out that there would be a group shot, it was just a matter of how Hoyt would kill him. A lighting strobe was a pretty original idea.
    It was nice seeing Shirley Bellinger again, but they still haven't revealed how it was Schillinger got her pregnant. I was hoping they'd use her appearance for that.
    And for those folks who would complain that not enough people got whacked on Sopranos, they should come over to Oz. Two episodes and already three longrunning characters are dead.

2. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Tom Fontana is a genius-loved the way that Kirk bought it, and Ryan was in top form getting Schebetta killed.

What about Beecher finally getting his parole though? It creates an interesting problem, in that unless he does something to screw it up, he's gone in a few days. This means that either the timeframe is going to be more condensed for the next little while, or Beecher blows it again.

I have no idea why there aren't more Oz fans out there. The show is better than the Sopranos can hope to be, and yet it doesn't get a third of the recognition.

3. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Man the "spooning" scene was harsh, I'm 25 and have seen some disturbing stuff but geez that was just ROUGH. Good ep though. Peter and Kirk finally join the hall of the dead on OZ. At this point its a blessing for Peter. Man that kid has just been manhandled on the series. Good to finally see them put the poor schlob out of his misery.

How long till we see Adibisi narrating? (Man I still miss him on the show!).

4. Mark Turetsky

As for Beecher's parole, it looks like there's a hint of something to come in the preview for next week. My guess (which is not based on a preview, mind) is that he'll actually get out, but stay on the show as Keller's lawyer. If it's something his father died for, he'd continue it. That means he'd still be around the prison, and still open to being killed. Who knows.
    Man oh man, I forgot to mention O'Reilly's amazing return to form. I love that guy, just because he can get away with so much.

5. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

My wife and I watch the show. And the only one we "root" for is Beecher. I mean the guy comes to prison and the result his wife, father and daughter are killed. We really hope this guy gets out.

6. Chris Bardon

Well, I figure that if Keene was back for ep 1, and Bellinger was back for ep 2, then more dead characters should return. Given that Keene died in s1, and I'm guessing that Bellinger dies in s2 (still haven't watched all of it yet) then the guest narrartors might be as follows (one per season)

1-Keene
    2-Bellinger
    3-I haven't seen S3 yet, so no idea
    4a-Ditto here
    4b-Adebisi
    4c-Can't think of who died this season
    5-Clutier?
    6-Someone yet to die? (I'd guess Cyril or Burr)

Seems like a reasonable theory anyhow. It's actually kind of weird missing part of the series in the middle, but I'm catching up as fast as the DVDs come out. Only problem with the show being so continuous is that you know most of the major stuff that's going to happen in what you missed (e.g. who's going to die), but it's still interesting to watch how the characters develop.

Either way, season 6 is shaping up to be a hell of a ride, and should make up for last season being a little slow through the middle.

7. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

I don't remember Beecher's wife dying...I guess I've blocked it! I have ALWAYS been a big fan of the Beecher character and I hope he gets away clean, but I think it's gonna end up being some kind of big showdown between that character and Schillenger. Something HAS to go down between those two guys!

I keep hoping for the crazy guy that ate his mom to be a narrator as well. I liked that character a lot.

Didn't see Timmy Kirk going so quickly, but like Mark, as soon as the group shot was announced...I knew he was a gonner!

Ryan is one cool customer, a true survivor!

I can't say this show is better than The Sopranos, but I like it nearly as much. One thing though, it is easily 10 times more disturbing in it's portrayal of the Prison System but to me, that is what makes the show so good!

8. Mark Turetsky

9. Romier S

Romier S Producer

10. Chris Bardon

Right, I forgot about that dream sequence-so the explosion was the end of 4c, and then Hill was killed at the end of 5. That must mean that I only missed the beginning of 4a, because I remember Adebisi getting killed. Hopefully the DVDs catch up soon (57 Hr Oz marathon anyone?)

11. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

12. BrandonM

BrandonM Stunt Coordinator

I'm hoping that they will bring back Dino Ortolani (Jon Seda) who died in the 1st episode of OZ. It would be quite fitting if he was the one who was the narrator for the final episode. If I had to chose the final 6 narrators, I'd pick Adebisi, Groves, Nino Schibetta, Wangler, El Cid (Luis Guzman), and maybe someone like Scott Ross. It'd be nice to see all the old characters one final time.

13. AlClarkJr

AlClarkJr Stunt Coordinator

Can anyone tell me what happened to Luke Perry's character. Did he resurrect or what. Why don't they bring in a twin brother for Adibis??? That would work!!

14. Chris Bardon

15. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy

16. Mark Turetsky

According to Tom Fontana's web site, we will find out what happened to Cloutier at some point this season.
    As for only using people who've been executed, don't forget that Augustus is still around, and he wasn't executed. If we were only going by executions, though, there would only be Groves and that guy who killed a bunch of women (Richard L'Italien).

17. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

Man, this show is pulling no punches on its last season. It is more disturbing than ever!
    I haven't watched this episode yet but I don't care about the spoilers. I did however, just finish watching last week's episode (Dead man walking?) and man, I almost threw up. Especially after the scene where Schillinger is getting a BJ from the young kid (the one from Taken). Friggin Schillinger finishes in the kid's mouth and then they show the kid spitting it out! [​IMG].
    Or how about Omar throwing up on the guard's shoes! Yuck!
    It's still a great show though. Can't wait to see how it ends.

18. Mark Turetsky

19. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

I have it recorded. But now I am almost scared to watch it, [​IMG].

20. Chris Bardon

I just finished watching season 2, and the last episode of that was amazing. Said turning down the pardon was wonderful, the guard losing his eyes, the priest getting nailed to the floor, beecher and Keller-it just didn't stop. No wonder he's running out of ways to kill people...

Still, I'm sorry that I know how things turn out with Beecher and Keller in season 4 and 5-and I REALLY want seasons 3 and 4 on DVD now.