Oz, episode 49: Dead Man Talking 01/05/03

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Turetsky, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor

I'm surprised that there isn't a thread on this already. Personally I'm psyched beyond belief for this new season. Only 7 eps left after this one. In brief, like most good Oz episodes, so much happened plot-wise that it's amazing it all got into one episode.
    I think the implication from Jefferson Keane's presence in this ep is that Augustus' narration will be done by a different dead person each week. Anyone else looking forward to Adebisi narrating an episode? [​IMG]
    The core cast of prisoners we've been following since their arrival at Oz in episode 1 are all still here: Said, Beecher, Alvarez and Ryan. Any bets on who will live out the season? They seem to be setting Ryan up to (finally) take the fall for all the murders he was responsible for back in Season 1. Beecher's father is now on the ever-growing list of revenge killings between Shillinger and Beecher. Any guesses on whether or not Beecher can stay a good boy until his parole hearing, or has the SORT lockdown pretty much put an end to that?
    Welcome back to Oz.

2. Scott W.

Scott W. Second Unit

I hope Beecher makes his parole and escapes Oz. He's the only guy I pitty on that show, and hope Schillinger and Ryan O'Reilly die.

Scott

3. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

I have to say I'm with Scott here. I can't wait until Beecher gets to get the best of that f***ing Schillinger for the last time. I kinda wish old Tobey would get smart like he did with the fingernails way back when (when he killed Officer Dauber[​IMG])!
    I'm not sure what they're gonna do with Ryan but Cyril's little sock-puppet creeps me out to no end!
    OZ is back!

4. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I can't believe that there's not more Oz posts. Loved the beginning of the end ep the other night. Some predictions/thoughts on the new season:

-Beecher gets Keller to kill Schillinger (could happen, but it means keller getting out of PC to get at vern).
    -Omar White-glad that they kept him in solitary. He really pisses me off. I hope he dies.
    -One of the principal cast of prison staff will die. Glynn or McManus is the obvious choice, but I'm going out on a limb and saying that Sister Pete gets offed at random (could make the Cyril angle more interesting).

Finally, I really hope that they keep bringing back dead characters as guest narrarators. Can't you just see Adebisi narrating an ep?

5. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor