What's new

Oz : Complete Second Season DVDs (1 Viewer)

John Parris

Stunt Coordinator
I did a search but was a little suprised no one had posted a thread about this release...
For me, this is a big deal-- it seems to cement the plans of HBO to release ALL of Oz on DVD, and not just taunt fans with the single first season set.
Am I the only fan of this show on the board? Certainly that's not the case...
Anywho, I bought the first season after viewing the pilot at a friend's house-- never had HBO so havent had a chance to watch any of it- this is all brand-spankin' new for me... exciting times. Please, no spoilers in the thread without proper masking. :D
Anyone know of a review on this season? I'm mainly interested in whether or not they bothered to clean up the video... season one was grainy and dull as all get out... gross stuff, but fitting for the show...
Anyone know if/when we can expect Season 3?
I'll be up at the crack of noon to rush out and buy this tomorrow ;)

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
No way dude, you should be far from the only Oz fan. I have been a loyal fan since it's first year and bought both box sets on day 1 of release. watched the last season/first episode last night and I'm sad that this is the final year. the show never did recieve the credit it deserved. the show will be missed...but will live on thanks to dvd.

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
I never caught the show on TV, and I bought season one a couple months ago after viewing a commercial for it on tv. Man I'm hooked! I'll be waiting for Circuit City to open their doors at 10am tomorrow so I can grab my set.

Dean

JulianK

Supporting Actor
I watched the second season box set a couple of days ago. The picture quality is significantly better than the first box set (I'm wondering if they switched from 16mm to 35mm for season 2?)

Bit disappointed with the extras - it would have been nice to have had a couple of commentary tracks.

Let's hope they step up a gear - it'll be years before they finish the series at this rate!

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Picking this one up today. Kind of strange, since I started watching at the second part of season 4 on Showcase. This means that S2 is still new for me, but I know who makes it on and who doesn't. Either way, a great show, and I'm looking forward to seing the rest of the series on DVD. Season 3 can't come soon enough.

Christopher~O

Stunt Coordinator
Amazon.ca sez season 2 should land on my doorstep today. Can hardly wait! It's been so long since season 1 came out I may have to re-watch it first.

Cheers,
Chris

Dan Brodin

Stunt Coordinator
I too am anxiously awaiting my set to arrive from Playcentric. I bought season 1 sight unseen and was hooked before the first episode ended.

-Dan

Scott W.

Second Unit
I have had season 1 for the longest time... a die-hard fan, I can't wait to get season 2. Please release the next few sets soon HBO.

Scott

Chuck L

Screenwriter
We got out Season 2 box yesterday as well. A huge fan of the series that seems to be HBO's bastard child. I have never understood why the show hasn't gotten near the attention of it's other shows...but at the same time, most of the normal people in America don't want to watch things that are gritty. They would rather sit through glossed over fluff.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
i got oz seaason 1 for xmas... man i love this show, but after last year I stopped watching.... for some reason. I seem to forget alot.lol
I really wish they didnt kill off the pregnant girl. the one thats now on Law and Order. shes super hot.

Robert Spalding

Second Unit
My wife and I caught the reruns starting last summer that caught us up from Season 2 to the current season (and last unfortunately) that just started last week.

We both love this show and will be buying season 1 and 2 on DVD.

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
I just finished OZ: Season 2 a couple minutes ago. Man this show is unbelievable. There is no way I can wait another year for HBO to release season 3.
It might be taboo in this forum, but does anybody know where I can find the complete season 3 on vhs? I'll suffer through the quality for now, and buy the official dvd's when they come out.
Dean
[email protected]

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
There's no VHS release of the show beyond s2, (it's been concurrent with the DVDs), but I know that HBO runs the old episodes quite often. Of course, that also entails living somewhere that can get HBO... (damn CRTC)

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
If HBO keeps releasing only 1 season per year, it will be another 5 years until we have the complete show! This is absolutely ridiculous! They need to release at the very least 2 seasons a year!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks