Oz-Any updates?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Chris Bardon, May 21, 2003.

1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

It's been a while since HBO released season 2 of Oz, and I was wondering if there have been any rumblings about the third season release?

I saw that Sex in the city 4 was released today, and that made me wonder why they've managed to get four seasons of that out, but are still way behind on their best series ever. I'd think they would have wanted to strike while the hype for the final season was still on, but I guess not. Does this doom any future releases? I still want the rest of the series on disc!

2. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

I look forward to getting the other season's as well. Here is hoping that we will hear something soon (put please, any studio looking at this thread...stop with the August releases! You are already getting a full weeks paycheck out of me...hold off season three till at least October...gives me not only time to watch my August releases, but to get money back...:b )

3. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

I'd love to get all seasons now. However, it seems that all HBO series come out about once a year. All four Sex And The City have come out once a year in the third week of May-just checked the release dates to be sure. Season 1 came out in May 2000, and so on. The Sopranos have been about every 10 months or so. I would think the only difference is that Oz is no longer in production, so maybe that could help the release schedule along. I hope we don't have to wait until next year for more HBO DVD...

4. Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes Supporting Actor

Jason Hughes
    I understand why HBO staggers their releases, they want to get a certain number of showings in on TV. But Oz is different as it has been on a lot longer than any of the other above mentioned shows. I really wish they would speed things up.