What's new

Oz - 1/27/02 ending... (1 Viewer)

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Did anyone else catch Oz ?

Great show as usual, but was anyone else a bit disturbed by the ending where they killed the new Muslim with a boxcutter? That scene is still stuck in my head, reminds me of the scene in Saving Private Ryan with the German killing the American slowly with the knife...

Powerful TV...

Robin Warren

Second Unit
Wow. That was very disturbing. Sometimes I find the body count a little bit ridiculous on OZ. Last night was no exception....lots of shots of body bags being wheeled out of the prison....nice reality check with Beetcher asking Said to help protect his new buddy from the Aryans...."I don't have time to protect someone who beats and rapes women..." Up to that point I was worried the Aryans were gonna get em, but after that, let em!

One of the great shows on tv...HBO is really first rate...OZ, 6 Feet Under, Sopranos. Great TV.

Berk

Stunt Coordinator
I would think it much easier for the HTF administrators to add the word "spoiler" to the post title rather than editing the post itself. This would allow for the original post to exist in its entirety. Incidentally, this would also add value to the HTF as more posts would exist instead of a percentage of them being "blacked out."

In regards to OZ, a great episode!

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
Yes, the ending was very disturbing. But then again, OZ is a very disturbing show. I think that the Robbison (sp?) is reaching a critical mass of evilness and something will have to happen to him soon.

OZ is such a strange show, because sometimes you really start to empathize with characters, and then you realize that they are really scum. I had a major "pull back" moment last season when I realized that I was feeling really sorry for Shillinger and his ill-fated relationship with his son Hank.

I think that if everyone watched OZ, we'd have a lot fewer criminals to worry about.

-Max

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Max, You are right. Their is no "good" guy to root for. Although, their are a few who are better than the others (ie-Said and Beecher). One thing I could never figure out. Why is Beecher in Oz? I know he was drunk and killed a kid. But, would he be put in maximum security facility? I really felt bad that he did not get paroled. That guy has had more grief than almost anyone on the show.

Is this the last season? And how would you end the show??

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Yes, Beecher was drunk and killed people while driving. Oswald is a state prison, so I think it makes sense that he is there given his crimes. I think the Reverand Coutier(sp?) is there for embezzelment IIRC...

I would end the show with the same regularity / cliffhangers that they end each show with. The message is that life goes on in OZ, there is no 'ending' and no resolution to most stories. Having an ending where something happens to resolve every character would really detract from the show's persona, IMHO.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Excellent show! Things are starting to get wierder and wierder in OZ. They are touching on allot of religious subject and I'm intrigued by Said's character. I love his interactions with the convict he is trying to help (Albert I think).
I was really disappointed when Adabisi died last season
since he was by far IMHO the most developed and my favortie character on the show. Said is really starting move up the ranks for me:). I can't wait for the first seaon box set in May (or March can't remember).
PS My fiance couldn't even watch the ending of this last episode. I hope Robison buys it soon. I can't stand the prick.

AjayM

Screenwriter
Yes, Beecher was drunk and killed people while driving. Oswald is a state prison, so I think it makes sense that he is there given his crimes. I think the Reverand Coutier(sp?) is there for embezzelment IIRC...
The story with Beecher was that the Judge threw him the max sentence for the crime, etc. Although with Oz being evidently being a max security it still doesn't add up with some of the people that end up in the prison. There are still min and max prisons, and usually they seperate inmates that are a greater risk than others. And any kind of specialty unit like Em city would be a behavior based to be put in there (and with the number of bodies coming out of there...). But hey, I still like the show...usually some very excellent writing/directing/producing.

Andrew

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I love OZ. It's a male soap opera. On a regular soap opera, when you hate someone, you look at them sternly while the scene fades. On Oz, you hate someone, you shank them. It's a mans world!

I think the only character I feel for is Beecher. He didn't purposely commit a crime (other than drunk driving). The girls death was an accident. But the law says that is manslaughter, and he has a judge that doesn't like him, so he gets the max sentence. I guess I look at him as what I would be like if I went to prison.

I also like Said, because he seems to have some good in him. My favorite character, though, is Schillinger. He is just such a fascinating character. Cold and ruthless, and then warm and tender to his granddaughter. Much credit to that actor for pulling that character off.

My wife, as well, cannot watch the show. Too graphic for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks