Oz - 1/19/03

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Randy Tennison, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    Oh man, they killed Said!?!
    That one really caught me off guard.

Otherwise, this show just keeps getting better. Good to see that Beecher made it out of Oz, even if I did have to sit through man kissing to see it.

2. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor

I think that since it's aired, spoilers are allowed without tags. Anyway, it's a real shame that they gave away that the reporter would be a fraud in the preview for this season, plus having Joel Gray as a sociopath didn't come as any surprise. Anyway, still regretful to see Said go. Some highlights:
    Season 1:
    Said saves Jefferson Keane and leads the riot.
    Season 2:
    Said turns down clemency.
    Season 3:
    Said is thrown out of the muslims for his affaire with Patricia Ross and saves Beecher's life.
    Season 4a:
    Said wins the suit against Oz, joins Adebisi, then kills Adebisi in hand to hand combat.
    Season 4b:
    Said shanks Shillinger and Robson, yelling "Adebisi lives!"
    Season 5:
    Said tries to save Omar White and ultimately fails.
    Prisoner #97S444, you will be missed.
    This episode contains 3 inmate deaths and brings the total for the season to 7.
    Also, with Dobbins as guest Narrator, we now know that they aren't going in order of who died, who arrived first, or people who've been executed.

3. AlClarkJr

AlClarkJr Stunt Coordinator

Unbelievable show!!! Who would have known Said would get killed this soon? I think the warden will end up a prisoner. How do you think this season will end? Beecher made it out!!! Do you think he will help out his lover?

4. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

I know I'm probably a freak-boy here, but the apparent death of Minister Kareem Said bothered me so much I didn't sleep well. He was my second favorite character of the show behind Tobias Beecher. The Said character always stood his ground for what he believed in and now he's gone!

Man...the show is jolting as hell!

5. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

My wife and I were just like get Beecher out and go to another story plot. I think that guy deserves a break with all he has lost and been through.
    I too was shocked at the apparent death of Said. I couldn't believe when they cut the achilles heals of the head of the Hispanic gang. [​IMG]

6. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael
    I never believe anybody's dead until it's confirmed in the following episode.

Beecher may have gotten out but he'll come back to help in his lover's legal case so he can STILL get in trouble.

Nobody is safe are they?

'Oz' is gonna end on a shocking note.

7. DeeF

DeeF Screenwriter

How about this?

Beecher becomes Keller's counselor. In a moment alone, they make love and Beecher says he won't be able to live without Keller. And then Keller kills him, saying he'll be seeing him shortly in the afterlife.

Eh?

8. David Egan

David Egan Stunt Coordinator

Beecher is responsible for several murders and somehow I think he's coming back. Said's apparent death was certainly a shock. They seem to be eliminating all the leaders which could be leading to total chaos.

9. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

10. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy

11. Mark Turetsky

Now that mutiny seems the likeliest thing with Burr and Morales out of comission, it seems likely that Alvarez will be taking out the drug traffic in Oz under Pancamo (who's still standing). There's nothing really brewing that I can see to bring down Pancamo except for maybe the Cutler/Robson thing. It's funny how Pancamo has been the "interim" boss for so long. He's lasted longer than both Schibettas and Nappa.

12. Chris Bardon

Well, if things continue as they are now, I think Pancamo's time to die is approaching. Some things that I'd like to see in the next few eps:

-I think that Cyril is finally going to snap, and possibly become "Jericho" full time. That, or the electroshock will somehow fix whatever trauma existed before, and he'll be back to the way he was before the accident. If anyone kills Ryan, it'll be him, and I'd say that the odds of that are about 50/50.

-I agree with the predicion that Beecher will end up back in Oz somehow-probably in the last episode.

-Hopefully, the Muslims will continue what Said started and get the bookbinding business started so Augustus' book will get published.

-Winthrop will kill Schillinger. Probably just as revenge for what he got put through, but possibly because he sees how weak Vern really is, and decides that the brotherhood needs new leadership.

-I think that at least one staff member will buy it before the end of the season, and my money's on Sister Pete. McManus and Glynn are both too obvious, and Mucada has been so close so many times that it's not really all that shocking.

One final thought on this week's ep though-I was a little surprosed at the musical narration, and how well it seemed to work. One thing I got reminded of when I saw the cellist is what happened to Vahue? I remember he was around in S5, but we haven't seen him since. Also, while we're on loose ends, what about all of Brass' money? I can't remember them explaining that at all...

13. Mark Turetsky

14. Chris Bardon

Interesting-wonder if the book will be any good. Probably just a summary of the series up until the end of s5.

15. Mark Turetsky

Apparently the book is an episode guide where each episode is written from the point of view of a day in the life of Augustus Hill. I wonder if they'll revise it once season 6 is done, though I don't see how they can maintain the conceit of the book being written by Hill... Perhaps one of the Muslims (Arif, being Said's most likely replacement comes to mind) could add his own thoughts and revisions